Printer plug in

  • shaun_wainford
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2014
      Hi Art is it possible to buy the plugin for the printer port without the PC ID, can this be added later, I'm in the process of moving house I've purchased the Mach4 license, and Brian and Scot said its ok with the main download, can I get my printer port license later. but pay now, so its out of my head :)

      TIA

      Shaun

      PS what should i enter as PC id in order to complete the purchase...

    • art2
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2014

        Shaun:

            The printer port license is not yet available, It will become available when we're sure all is well
        and functionallity is good. When its available only Newfangled will sell it, I wont be dealing with licensing or anything
        like that, Im just a writer in this one. :) . Since unlike all other motion devices the PP will not require hardware to
        be shipped or supported, it will be up to Newfangled to administer and license it.  I will of course support issues that
        arise and handle upgrades or additional features.

        www.gearotic.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2014
          Machsupport is offering a prebuy special price of $20 for the PP plugin for the month of August 1-31. I used the PC ID that Mach 4 put out to buy mine. It is sitting in folder on my desktop ready when the plugin able to be licensed.

          Eric
        • shaun_wainford
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2014
          • handsmfg
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2014
              There is a prebuy offer for the PP plugin for $20 at machsupport. I used the PC ID that was displayed in Mach 4 to buy mine when I bought the prebuy Mach 4 license. Thr PP plugin license is setting in a folder on my desktop waiting for the saleable pp plugin to be realeased.

              I went back and reread some of the questions to Brian about how many machines Mach 4 can be run on and some license questions about using the license on a machine it wasn't registered to. I think all you need to do is supply some sort of PC ID doesn't matter if its for the machine you intend to use it on and then when they get license manager part of the website working you can fix all that. It also looks like after 3 to 5 requests for different PC ID changes they will requier you to email in your reuest.

              The post ID numbers were 145066, 145073, and 145078. You can check for yourself but I think that Brian and the license people at machsupport will be very helpful with getting people what they need to get Mach 4 working.

              I'm starting to find out that I might need to upgrade my video card to get Mach 4 working for me. When I do that It might change the hardware enough I might have a different PC ID number and I might need to register my license for the new number.

              So how about it Brian is that close?

              Eric
            • Pablo Untroib
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 8, 2014
                Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Printer plug in
                Cool, purchased as well.

                --
                Pablo E. Untroib
                -------

                PGP Key ID: : 0xFC7177AF
              • nc_karl
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2014
                  I went to the Newfangled site but can't find the Art's Darwin PP plug in.  Where do I find it?

                  Karl
                • art2
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 8, 2014

                    Karl:

                     Click into the Mach4 forum section, its the second or so thread down..

                    www.gearotic.com

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 8, 2014
                      Where do I find this pre-buy for Darwin. I am not seeing it on the the New Fangled site.

                      Steve

                      Machsupport is offering a prebuy special price of $20 for the PP plugin for the month of August 1-31. I used the PC ID that Mach 4 put out to buy mine. It is sitting in folder on my desktop ready when the plugin able to be licensed.
                    • sdcpipes
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 8, 2014
                        I found it on the same page where you purchase the pre-buy for Mach4
                      • Hannu Venermo
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 9, 2014
                          For the ease of use of all on the lists..
                          Please, PLEASE, dont use brand/trade names but specs.

                          So if you have a given PC, please say it has e.g. 2.4Ghz processor,
                          rather than brand AcmeNNN - no-one will have a clue what processor it has.
                          Also include some video card info, if possible.

                          Eg. My PC is: Intel i72700k CPU, 3.50 Ghz, 8-core
                          Video card: Nvidia Quadro 2000
                          (Yes I know, Nice !).

                          In the same way, please include links to the site, if you are
                          recommending a given forum.
                          The part at bottom is an example that does not provide a useful link.

                          The PP driver and Mach4 pre-buy links are now at
                          http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/

                          And the link to the Mach4 Darwin PP driver pre-buy is at
                          http://www.machsupport.com/shop/parallel-port-legacy-plugin-for-mach4/

                          Also..
                          The mailing lists(s) are more useful than web-based forums, because they
                          come automatically into my email.
                          Recommending web-based stuff is less than useful.
                          Many dont have time to go and look for stuff on web-based sites, vs
                          having direct links..
                          Just saying.

                          On 09/08/2014 05:55, brownsdc@... [mach1mach2cnc] wrote:
                          > I found it on the same page where you purchase the pre-buy for Mach4

                          --
                          -hanermo (cnc designs)