Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Windows 8 - OT

  • art2
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 5, 2014

      >>I will wager you a billion, take the 10 best minds in computing today and they could turn Windows 8 into a literal dream machine

         Ill take your bet, I always wished to try being a billionaire. :)

      "Literal Dream Machine" means something different to everyone, I mention this only since Mach3's screens were mentioned as the way
      it should be. I HAD to make the screens in Mach3 work that way because everyones view of "Mach3's Dream Screen" was different. I tried
      many things and many variations and came to the inevitable solution = "Screw Em, let them make their own if they dont like mine." :-)
         Computers are now going the same way, a different feel for everyone, Win8 for the masses, a XP-like Win8 for the serious, Linux
      for the serious nonconformist, Android for the casual user, IPads for the cultist casual user, Smartphones for the cool, and Pi's and Arduino's
      for the nerds.   The Nerds shall inherit the earth, and they will then set the standards for the next generation of  masses, cools, nonconformists and
      cultists. And all the while, we of the previous generation will bitch and moan about how the current generation is screwing it all up as
      we see our beloved normals evolve into something decided weird..( to us anyway..).

         Personally I havent forgiven the world for Rap music yet, so I wont even begin to start on the current OS geniuses and why their screwing up
      my XP... Seriously? People listen to that? Shouldnt there be a C in front?

      www.gearotic.com

      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 1, 2014

        Thanks Jeff but that was one of the things I tried. I did simply change the file from a m3p to a dll but it didn;t work. When I copied the file from another PC it worked fine. Go figure!

        Dan