Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: I can't make my router move 1 inch

  • Don
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 6, 2013
      Warner
      I tried the 16000 and G0X1 gave me 1/2 inch so I toke a chance and went with the 64000 and now G0X1 gives me 1 inch Hooray after months of work I have it working. Thank You I was at wits end. Nothing was making sense. I wrote your explanation in my in my Mach 3 Manual so I will have it.
      Don

      ------------------------------
      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 11:22 AM PDT Don wrote:

      >Warner
      >I want to thank you for the well explained instructions I just could not get what was layed out in the Mach 3 manual. I did as you suggested and inputted the 32000, now for G0X1 I get 1/2 inch for G0X2 I get 1 inch. I might say that this is the same for all axes. So would I double the 32000 to get the right movement? I am not yet clear on how this works.
      >Don
      >

      >------------------------------
      >On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 3:09 PM PDT aeroengraving wrote:
      >
      >>Hi Graver,
      >>Think of it like this:
      >>Stepper needs 200 steps to rotate 360 degrees (most typical)
      >>You are micro-stepping 1/8 so now you need 200 x 8 for a total of 1600 steps = one revolution
      >>You have to rotate your lead screw 20 times to move 1 inch. 1600 x 20 = 32000 steps to move 1 inch.
      >>I bet you can see it now!!
      >>Good luck Buddy!
      >>Werner Berry
      >>
      >>--- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Don <graver1133@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> ________________________________

    • alenz2002
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013

        Don, I am a day late and a dollar short in responding to your problem, but for others following this thread there is a spreadsheet ‘StepperCalc.xls’ in the ‘Files’ section that will calculate the correct steps per unit.

        Al

        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013
          Where do I look for this spread sheet? Could you give me more information?
          Don

          Don, I am a day late and a dollar short in responding to your problem, but for others following this thread there is a spreadsheet ‘StepperCalc.xls’ in the ‘Files’ section that will calculate the correct steps per unit.
          Al

          ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <graver1133@...> wrote:

          Warner
          I tried the 16000 and G0X1 gave me 1/2 inch so I toke a chance and went with the 64000 and now G0X1 gives me 1 inch Hooray after months of work I have it working. Thank You I was at wits end. Nothing was making sense. I wrote your explanation in my in my Mach 3 Manual so I will have it.
          Don

          ------------------------------
          On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 11:22 AM PDT Don wrote:

          >Warner
          >I want to thank you for the well explained instructions I just could not get what was layed out in the Mach 3 manual. I did as you suggested and inputted the 32000, now for G0X1 I get 1/2 inch for G0X2 I get 1 inch. I might say that this is the same for all axes. So would I double the 32000 to get the right movement? I am not yet clear on how this works.
          >Don
          >

          >------------------------------
          >On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 3:09 PM PDT aeroengraving wrote:
          >
          >>Hi Graver,
          >>Think of it like this:
          >>Stepper needs 200 steps to rotate 360 degrees (most typical)
          >>You are micro-stepping 1/8 so now you need 200 x 8 for a total of 1600 steps = one revolution
          >>You have to rotate your lead screw 20 times to move 1 inch. 1600 x 20 = 32000 steps to move 1 inch.
          >>I bet you can see it now!!
          >>Good luck Buddy!
          >>Werner Berry
          >>
          >>--- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Don <graver1133@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> ________________________________

        • handsmfg
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013
            You can download the optimization.txt file at. WWW.soigeneris.com/documents/mach/xp_optimization.txt. I looked the machsupport website over and couldn't find it. Good Luck.
          • jeremywillson
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013
              Hi

              That address should be WWW.soigeneris.com/document/mach/xp_optimization.txt

              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 7, 2013
                Thanok-you for clearing that up. Been a long day.
              • alenz2002
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013

                  Don, I think we have been Yahoo’ed. Clicking on the ‘More’ button opens a window listing ‘Files’, ‘Links’, etc. Yesterday clicking on ‘Files’ opened the file library (I checked)  but today no way.  Just shows ‘All files’ but no way to view much less open them.

                  Here is a link to the spreadsheet on a non Yahoo site that should work.

                  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16315.0.html

                  Anyone know what I’m doing wrong that won’t let me open the Files section?

                  Al

                  ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Where do I look for this spread sheet? Could you give me more information?
                  Don

                • cnc sales (hanermo)
                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
                    Works fine from Spain. 10:15 CET
                    I am on Neo and have never seen any problems.

                    I click all groups (so I see the mach1mach2..), more - files and there they are.
                    I have a large windows ie screen and never have screen area problems (this might cause problems in some cases).

                    I did not need to reload the screen.
                    The ajax driver might work differently on different opsys and browsers.

                    I use ff on Win 7 64 bit.
                    I never use IE. This might be a problem. IE used to be very buggy, but I really dont follow it at all..

                    --
                    -hanermo

                  • alenz2002

                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
                        Thanks for the link, I will give this a try.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
                          Printed out the xp opti txt and did some of what was suggested.
                          Auto updates disabled, remote assistance disabled, indexing unchecked but I think the one thing that
                          may have been the fix was going to standard pc.
                          So no more herky jerkys on the axis movements.
                          Thanks for the help to all.
                          Bruce

                          Message 12 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013

                            Tried to make a New Topic post but neo will not let me so having to do it this way. Sorry guys.

                            Guys I would like to talk with someone with a XYZ machine of some type.

                            What I want to be able to do is cutout parts for RC type equipment.  Most of the material I will be using will be aluminum sheets up to1/8 inch thickness.  Will also be using plexiglass or lexain(?)

                            Most of the models I'll be making will be 1/16 scale, so a 12 X 24 table should be large enough for my needs. To build the bodies and so-forth.  Will probably use a small SIAG type mill for other parts, along with a 7X12 lathe.

                            The lathe and mill really isn't a concern at this point, I already have the lathe and will make a decision on the mill later.  For now the main questions I have concern the XYZ table.

                            Does anyone on this group have a machine you are cutting parts out of aluminum sheets with?  If so I would like to talk with you.

                            Jim Blake

                            ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <brc_q@...> wrote:

                            Printed out the xp opti txt and did some of what was suggested.
                            Auto updates disabled, remote assistance disabled, indexing unchecked but I think the one thing that
                            may have been the fix was going to standard pc.
                            So no more herky jerkys on the axis movements.
                            Thanks for the help to all.
                            Bruce

                            Thanks for the link, I will give this a try.

                            That address should be WWW.soigeneris.com/document/mach/xp_optimization.txt

                            ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            You can download the optimization.txt file at. WWW.soigeneris.com/documents/mach/xp_optimization.txt. I looked the machsupport website over and couldn&apos;t find it. Good Luck.
                          • Donald Clifton
                            Message 13 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013

                              I cut aluminum on a Enco knee mill that has been converted to CNC with no problems. what can I help you with.
                              Don Clifton