Re: [mach1mach2cnc] write wizard

  • Ger
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 3, 2013

      Yes, it works. You most likely have not enabled some of the required settings.

      Gerry

      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 3, 2013

        Since I am new at this, mhelp file anywhere I can read?ay I ask for some suggestions to finding my problem; i.e. is there a

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 11, 2013

          I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have been learning the write wizard.  I set the origins and save the parms, but when I try to use it again with the same parameters, it has changed the x origin.  all the other parameters are the ones I changed.  Any thoughts?
        • Ger
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 11, 2013

            Operator error.

            There are a lot of options that must be set in the Write wizard, and missing any of them can give strange (or none at al) results. Most likely, you are missing a setting, or have something set differently.

            Gerry
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013

                I do not think it is operator error.  It does not change the x origin in simulate, only when it is cutting and pulsing the driver.  Unless there are hidden parameters, I am putting in everything required for a good output.

                ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > Posted by: "Ger"CNCWoodworker@... notoneleft
                > Date: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:05 pm ((PDT))
                >
                > Operator error.
                >
                > There are a lot of options that must be set in the Write wizard, and missing any of them can give strange (or none at al) results. Most likely, you are missing a setting, or have something set differently.
                >
                > Gerry

                It is all these problems that led me to do a text option in the new
                Mach4 Mill Wizards. While not free as the Write wizard is, it works a
                lot better and offers multiple fonts.

                ron ginger
              • notoneleft
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013
                  What do you mean "in simulate"? Is the g-code actually incorrect? If the g-code is wrong, how are you simulating it correctly?

                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013

                    In simulate- on a laptop that does not run the machine and does not have the port driver installed.  It is where I do my development.  The g code that it produces is correct in both simulate and in real mode.  The x-origin in the wizard changes in real mode.  That is the box in the upper left of the wizard.  Everything else in the wizard stays the same.  What it does is changes to the x-endpoint of the text line it creates.  Only in real mode when the parallel port driver is active.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013
                      The g-code is either correct or it's not. If it works correctly on one machine and not on the other, than it's a setup issue, and not the wizard.

                      Gerry

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013

                        I'm telling you the code is correct on BOTH machines.  The problem is the modifying of the x origin in the wizard after the code is loaded into mach3 and then restart the wizard.  The code does not even have to run.  If the driver is active the x origin is changed when the wizard

                        ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        The g-code is either correct or it's not. If it works correctly on one machine and not on the other, than it's a setup issue, and not the wizard.

                        Gerry

                        In simulate- on a laptop that does not run the machine and does not have the port driver installed.  It is where I do my development.  The g code that it produces is correct in both simulate and in real mode.  The x-origin in the wizard changes in real mode.  That is the box in the upper left of the wizard.  Everything else in the wizard stays the same.  What it does is changes to the x-endpoint of the text line it creates.  Only in real mode when the parallel port driver is active.

                        What do you mean "in simulate"? Is the g-code actually incorrect? If the g-code is wrong, how are you simulating it correctly?

                        I do not think it is operator error.  It does not change the x origin in simulate, only when it is cutting and pulsing the driver.  Unless there are hidden parameters, I am putting in everything required for a good output.

                        ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        > Posted by: "Ger"CNCWoodworker@... notoneleft
                        > Date: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:05 pm ((PDT))
                        >
                        > Operator error.
                        >
                        > There are a lot of options that must be set in the Write wizard, and missing any of them can give strange (or none at al) results. Most likely, you are missing a setting, or have something set differently.
                        >
                        > Gerry

                        It is all these problems that led me to do a text option in the new
                        Mach4 Mill Wizards. While not free as the Write wizard is, it works a
                        lot better and offers multiple fonts.

                        ron ginger

                      • vmax549
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013

                          It changes the X because that is where the wizard thinks it left off at AND it will restart where it left off at. It is assuming that you would want to continue where you left off at to continue the line of Writing.

                          It has always been that way.

                          Just a thought, (;-) TP

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 12, 2013

                                 "Suppose you want to start at the same place every time and change the words.."

                                Think about that for a moment(;-) When, during the same operation, are you going to WRITE to the exactly same location that you just wrote to ??

                                Just a thought, (;-) TP

[...]

                              • jeremywillson

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 13, 2013

                                    Then you are doing a different operation and you need to Redefine the start point (;-)

                                    Better to define each startpoint rather than ASSUME that the Write Wizard  understands what you want/need and ruin the next part.

                                    Machining 101 ASSUME nothing.

                                    Like I said earlier the write wizard code is OPEN change it how you want it to be.

                                    If I can figure it out anyone can.

                                    (;-) TP

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 14, 2013
                                        > Posted by:electricgadgets@... electricgadgets
                                        > Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:39 pm ((PDT))
                                        >
                                        > Where is the open source code for this wizard?

                                        All wizards and screens in Mach3 are open source. Just use the operator
                                        menu, select 'edit button script' All of the buttons that have code
                                        behind them will blink, click the one you want to see.

                                        The capability to add compiled buttons was added a couple years ago
                                        which will hide the code, but I think the only one that used that
                                        ability was the Mach Standard mill set. The newfangled wizards are
                                        protected by some custom code added into mach3. All other wizards or
                                        screen buttons are open to read or edit by any user.

                                        ron ginger