Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Mach 3 software running a EMCO PC5 lathe

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
      On 31 Aug 2013 17:21:31 -0700, you wrote:

      >Picked up a minty PC5 lathe which someone had modified like in the Digital machinist article several years ago. I have many programs that were done on the EMCO software but they dont come out correctly with Mach3. EMCO software uses a G67 & G94 which Mach doesnt recoginize. I have wrote my own G-codes programs for use with Mach3 and they work fine, just a royal P.I.T.A. to do. I realize that the EMCO software is using some sort of wierd offsetting but does anyone  know if theres something that I could use to  correct the programs?? I have the drawings saved  and could use  CAM software to reprogram my parts. Will the newest version of mach4 have some sort of CAM function??

      (weird quote gremlins due to Yahoo's crap Neo changes)

      What do G67 and G94 do?

      It's easy to change codes to something else compatible using Notepad++
      or any text editor, just search and replace.

      Mach is not a CAM program - it's a controller. Plenty of cheap CAM
      programs out there but not a lot support lathes very well so be very
      careful before you spend any money.

      Steve Blackmore
      --
    • David Rabenius
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
        Steve:
          Well aware of what Mach3 is and CAM software. My EMCO software was specific to that PC5 lathe, I can use the drawing (.dxf) and use another CAM software to reprogram. I wanted to know if anyone else that had done this half a$$ed modification. To me its like taking two steps forward, three steps backwards. Once learned the software was easy & fast to draw & program new parts, plus its a royal pain to "roll your own G-code files".
          I tried to take a G-code file from what EMCO software calculated and Mach didnt know what G67 was. The biggest error is in the "X" or crosslide axis. The G-code numbers look ok. I zeroed the X & Z axises and inputed the correct values into the DRO on the Mach screen but still no go.
          What would be a good inexpensive CAD\CAM software package for hobby use?? Most of what I have access to is mill or router based.