RE: YAHOO GROUPS CHANGED UI ??

  • shaun_wainford
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 30, 2013
      I didnt meen to post that to this "conversation" Apparently the new groups interface is called NEO and they are trying to turn the groups into facebook mk2 with all the other crap you dont want!!! I cant see this working a a support tool, and I doubt the email only option will remain............. --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: try this shit for size http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mach1mach2cnc/conversations/topics/141374?viscount=-30&l=1 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  Mine has changed also. I hate it! How do I get it to revert back to the old UI? I have tried verything I can think of. Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: Its not a big deal its only a softare interface, but I like it the way it is, I alreay use a real emailer every day, but dont want yahoo groups stuff in that format, ta very much

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

      > ?? Whats the big deal.
      >
      > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web interface.
      > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
      >

      > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
      > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
      > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
      > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
      > > toys in a big hole.
      > >
      > > As TP said this is not good
      > >
      > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
      > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
      > >

      > --
      > -hanermo

    • shaun_wainford
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 31, 2013
        ha e your say on the new look here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: I didnt meen to post that to this "conversation" Apparently the new groups interface is called NEO and they are trying to turn the groups into facebook mk2 with all the other crap you dont want!!! I cant see this working a a support tool, and I doubt the email only option will remain............. --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: try this shit for size http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mach1mach2cnc/conversations/topics/141374?viscount=-30&l=1 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  Mine has changed also. I hate it! How do I get it to revert back to the old UI? I have tried verything I can think of. Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: Its not a big deal its only a softare interface, but I like it the way it is, I alreay use a real emailer every day, but dont want yahoo groups stuff in that format, ta very much

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

        > ?? Whats the big deal.
        >
        > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web interface.
        > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
        >

        > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
        > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
        > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
        > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
        > > toys in a big hole.
        > >
        > > As TP said this is not good
        > >
        > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
        > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
        > >

        > --
        > -hanermo

      • danmauch
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 31, 2013
           So am I correct that there is no way to return to the previous format? Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: ha e your say on the new look here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: I didnt meen to post that to this "conversation" Apparently the new groups interface is called NEO and they are trying to turn the groups into facebook mk2 with all the other crap you dont want!!! I cant see this working a a support tool, and I doubt the email only option will remain............. --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: try this shit for size http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mach1mach2cnc/conversations/topics/141374?viscount=-30&l=1 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  Mine has changed also. I hate it! How do I get it to revert back to the old UI? I have tried verything I can think of. Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: Its not a big deal its only a softare interface, but I like it the way it is, I alreay use a real emailer every day, but dont want yahoo groups stuff in that format, ta very much

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

          > ?? Whats the big deal.
          >
          > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web interface.
          > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
          >

          > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
          > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
          > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
          > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
          > > toys in a big hole.
          > >
          > > As TP said this is not good
          > >
          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
          > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
          > >

          > --
          > -hanermo

        • morerust
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 31, 2013
            So far no one has found a technological way for a user to revert to the old interface. For a while the old and new were both being served and you could create a new account to get back on the old interface. As of Friday 30 August, that hole was closed and everyone is forced to the new NEO interface. Besides being unpleasant to use and missing many critical functions, NEO also relies heavily on JavaScript and is riddled with JavaScript bugs. It often gets hung in loops trying to download a "beacon" and refuses to execute the JavaScript actions associated with buttons on the interface. If this happens to you, try temporarily unblocking cookies (if blocked) and using cntl + F5 to force a full download of the web page in order to get rid of cache poisoning that a normal reload does not cure. This is supposed to work in IE, FireFox, and Chrome. It does work for me on FireFox. The only current way out is to either wait for Yahoo to fix the problems, or join the multitude of people demanding that the old interface be restored. See: http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 Yahoo has made this mistake twice before and has been forced to revert, though it took over a month one time. Regards, Steve Stallings   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <dmauch@...> wrote:  So am I correct that there is no way to return to the previous format? Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: ha e your say on the new look here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: I didnt meen to post that to this "conversation" Apparently the new groups interface is called NEO and they are trying to turn the groups into facebook mk2 with all the other crap you dont want!!! I cant see this working a a support tool, and I doubt the email only option will remain............. --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: try this shit for size http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mach1mach2cnc/conversations/topics/141374?viscount=-30&l=1 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  Mine has changed also. I hate it! How do I get it to revert back to the old UI? I have tried verything I can think of. Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: Its not a big deal its only a softare interface, but I like it the way it is, I alreay use a real emailer every day, but dont want yahoo groups stuff in that format, ta very much

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

            > ?? Whats the big deal.
            >
            > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web interface.
            > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
            >

            > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
            > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
            > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
            > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
            > > toys in a big hole.
            > >
            > > As TP said this is not good
            > >
            > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
            > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
            > >

            > --
            > -hanermo

          • vmax549
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 31, 2013
              Easy way out, Tell Yahoo to stick it and MOVE operations over to the MachSupport site . Just a thought, (;-)TP --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <stevesng@...> wrote: So far no one has found a technological way for a user to revert to the old interface. For a while the old and new were both being served and you could create a new account to get back on the old interface. As of Friday 30 August, that hole was closed and everyone is forced to the new NEO interface. Besides being unpleasant to use and missing many critical functions, NEO also relies heavily on JavaScript and is riddled with JavaScript bugs. It often gets hung in loops trying to download a "beacon" and refuses to execute the JavaScript actions associated with buttons on the interface. If this happens to you, try temporarily unblocking cookies (if blocked) and using cntl + F5 to force a full download of the web page in order to get rid of cache poisoning that a normal reload does not cure. This is supposed to work in IE, FireFox, and Chrome. It does work for me on FireFox. The only current way out is to either wait for Yahoo to fix the problems, or join the multitude of people demanding that the old interface be restored. See: http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 Yahoo has made this mistake twice before and has been forced to revert, though it took over a month one time. Regards, Steve Stallings   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  So am I correct that there is no way to return to the previous format? Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: ha e your say on the new look here http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: I didnt meen to post that to this "conversation" Apparently the new groups interface is called NEO and they are trying to turn the groups into facebook mk2 with all the other crap you dont want!!! I cant see this working a a support tool, and I doubt the email only option will remain............. --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: try this shit for size http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mach1mach2cnc/conversations/topics/141374?viscount=-30&l=1 --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <dmauch@...> wrote:  Mine has changed also. I hate it! How do I get it to revert back to the old UI? I have tried verything I can think of. Dan --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <shaun.wainford@...> wrote: Its not a big deal its only a softare interface, but I like it the way it is, I alreay use a real emailer every day, but dont want yahoo groups stuff in that format, ta very much

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

              > ?? Whats the big deal.
              >
              > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web interface.
              > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
              >

              > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
              > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
              > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
              > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
              > > toys in a big hole.
              > >
              > > As TP said this is not good
              > >
              > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
              > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
              > >

              > --
              > -hanermo

            • cnc sales (hanermo)
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 31, 2013
                NO ! NEVER !

                ALL web interfaces are crap compared to an email offline reader.
                ALL.
                DONT DO IT !

                > Easy way out, Tell Yahoo to stick it and MOVE operations over to the
                > MachSupport site . Just a thought, (;-)TP -

                --
                -hanermo
              • John
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 1, 2013
                  I still have the old reader working ?

                  Not seen the new interface yet.

                  I visit about 10 yahoo groups over a period and all still have the old interface for me
                • Lester Caine
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 1, 2013
                    John wrote:
                    > I still have the old reader working ?
                    > Not seen the new interface yet.
                    > I visit about 10 yahoo groups over a period and all still have the old interface for me

                    You are lucky then :)
                    The interface has a few things going for it, but they urgently need to fix all
                    the stuff they have broken!

                    --
                    Lester Caine - G8HFL
                    -----------------------------
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1, 2013
                      I very much doubt the email only option will remain it makes no money for Yahoo, if you click on the setings icon and go to suggestions you can add your vote to switch back you never know it might happen :) I bet this is going to cost some not only time but money --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <lester@...> wrote: John wrote:

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 1, 2013
                        shaun.wainford@... wrote:
                        > I very much doubt the email only option will remain it makes no money for Yahoo

                        Actually I seem to recall that one of the requirements of the takeover of
                        eGroups was the preservation of certain things. Their original attempt to force
                        advertising on everything was countered by that agreement. Perhaps some American
                        Class lawyer needs to have a dig and see if they can make some money here :)

                        --
                        Lester Caine - G8HFL
                        -----------------------------
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 3, 2013
                          I use MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD and have not seen any change. What is the big
                          issue all about.

                          Bob

                          cnc sales (hanermo) wrote:

                          > ?? Whats the big deal.
                          >
                          > Just move to a real email reader and stop using the slow crap web
                          > interface.
                          > Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, whatever..
                          >
                          > > Mine changed and it was unusable, I was searching how to change it
                          > > back and restarted my browser and now its returned to this normal
                          > > looking interface, If this is a sign of whats to come, I will have to
                          > > stop using these Yahoo groups, stop all my hobbies and bury all my
                          > > toys in a big hole.
                          > >
                          > > As TP said this is not good
                          > >
                          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, <vmax549@...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Did everyones Yahoo User Interface Change ??? Can one change it back
                          > > to the old version ?? This is not good, (;-) TP
                          > >

                          > --
                          > -hanermo

                        • Lester Caine
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 3, 2013
                            556RECON wrote:
                            > I use MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD and have not seen any change. What is the big
                            > issue all about.

                            The major change is the whole web based interface with this fancy notion that we
                            want to display the whole list of previous posts. No 'next page' button as it so
                            retro ;) It's supposed to just load more as you scroll down, but it's still
                            long time to understand.

                            But the problem with emails is that many are now coming through with all of the
                            html elements in 'longhand' making the message unreadable. Some only have a few
                            which is just irritating, but others are just unreadable.

                            --
                            Lester Caine - G8HFL