Re: Print out configuration of pins etc

  • jeremywillson
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
      Hi John
      That is a very good suggestion. However,
      I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
      single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
      the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
      me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
      so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
      acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
      give the information that I want.
      Still a good idea though.

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "picengraver" wrote:

      > Jeremy,
      > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
      configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
      editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
      them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
      your use.

      > Regards,
      > John Champlain
      >
      > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@
      wrote:

      > > Thanks for that Terry
      > >
      > > I found and tried the readers that you suggested. They no doubt do
      the
      > > job they were made for extremely well, but the information they give
      is
      > > overwhelming and far more than I want or can use. Firefox gave me
      the
      > > best (most readable) results, but I could not cut and paste the
      > > information in to a word or notepad document.
      > >
      > > I am nowhere near your level of understanding of these things and I
      > > doubt my ability to ever be so or even that I have left to me the
      amount
      > > of time required to learn it.
      > >
      > > What I was hoping for was a simple form showing the same information
      > > that is displayed in the configuration pages of Mach and that is
      > > printable and understandable without heaps of extra information

    • vmax549
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
        Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Hi John
        That is a very good suggestion. However,
        I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
        single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
        the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
        me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
        so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
        acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
        give the information that I want.
        Still a good idea though.

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:

        > Jeremy,
        > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
        configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
        editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
        them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
        your use.

        > Regards,
        > John Champlain
        >
        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@
        wrote:

        > > Thanks for that Terry
        > >
        > > I found and tried the readers that you suggested. They no doubt do
        the
        > > job they were made for extremely well, but the information they give
        is
        > > overwhelming and far more than I want or can use. Firefox gave me
        the
        > > best (most readable) results, but I could not cut and paste the
        > > information in to a word or notepad document.
        > >
        > > I am nowhere near your level of understanding of these things and I
        > > doubt my ability to ever be so or even that I have left to me the
        amount
        > > of time required to learn it.
        > >
        > > What I was hoping for was a simple form showing the same information
        > > that is displayed in the configuration pages of Mach and that is
        > > printable and understandable without heaps of extra information

      • picengraver
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
          Jeremy,
          Print the configuration information from Mach3's configuration menus. You'll get exactly what you entered for your configuration data, and no need to mess with the XML document that way.
          John Champlain
          www.picengrave.com

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 30, 2013
            Hi John
            Do you mean to do screen prints? I have previously done this, but it is a very clumsy way of doing things. Even if the configuration pages were copyable so they were able to be inserted into a spread sheet would be better, but right click has been disabled for those screens.
            I don't want a picture, or I would just photograph the screen with a camera. What I would like is the data in a format that is able to be reformatted or changed as required for use in a text document or sending in an email etc.

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 30, 2013
              Thanks Terry
              I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 31, 2013
                Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry

                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 31, 2013
                  Klaus did say he would give it some more thought. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <vmax549@...> wrote: Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 1, 2013
                    Thanks Terry
                    I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 1, 2013
                      Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                      I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                      > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                      In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                      > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                      >

                      > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                      In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                      > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                      > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                      > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                      > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                      > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                      > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                      > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                      > > give the information that I want.
                      > > Still a good idea though.
                      > >

                      > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Jeremy,
                      > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                      > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                      > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                      > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                      > > your use.
                      > > >
                      > > > Regards,
                      > > > John Champlain
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                      > > the
                      > > is
                      > > the

                      > > amount

                    • William Cox
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013
                        Is all of the necessary information in an XML file? If so, a stylesheet for printing the XML file should do the job, and not require that Mach itself do the job. This should not require a lot of extra stuff, mainly the stylesheet.

                        When I actually have my CNC machine (soon) and Mach3 I'll look at it. I'd also like to see a condensed printout, as it would have made my life much easier with setting up a machine.

                        Was there a stylesheet used internal to Mach for the "print the settings" option, or was it straight coding?

                        Thanks!

                        bill

                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                          Well that IS the problem there is NO MACH3 function to print out a setup sheet based on the XML. The XML contains a LOT,LOT,LOT of info that is really not required as a setup sheet. Probably 30 pages or so.

                          I looked and could not see an easy way to do it in CB. All the easy functions of dealing with XMLs with VB do NOT work in Mach3 CB. I tried all that I could find as examples of parsing the XML to a text file. NONE would work in Mach3 CB.

                          Now a real programer could probably do it in 15 minutes, ME maybe 15 weeks if at all.

                          (;-) TP

                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                            What I thought would be usefull is a listing of ALL the stored values and a check box besides each line.

                            Then you could check the values you wanted to print to file or print and it would just print the checked lines.

                            Now if you wanted to be really cool you could assign real descriptors of each line instead of the cripted dscriptions.

                            Just a thought, (;-) TP

                            On 9/1/13 9:55 PM, vmax549@... wrote:

                            Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                            I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                            > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                            In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                            > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                            >

                            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                            In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                            > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                            > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                            > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                            > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                            > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                            > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                            > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                            > > give the information that I want.
                            > > Still a good idea though.
                            > >

                            > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Jeremy,
                            > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                            > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                            > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                            > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                            > > your use.
                            > > >
                            > > > Regards,
                            > > > John Champlain
                            > > >

                            > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                            > > the
                            > > is
                            > > the

                            > > amount

                          • John Dammeyer
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                              You can download the XML Notepad application from Microsoft and at least look at the XML file in a structured format.  However, it won’t print it for you.  I’ve read that ImagePrinter Pro can do this but I haven’t tried it.

                              John

                              On 9/1/13 9:55 PM, vmax549@... wrote:

                              Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                              I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                              > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                              In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                              > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                              >

                              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                              In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                              > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                              > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                              > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                              > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                              > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                              > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                              > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                              > > give the information that I want.
                              > > Still a good idea though.
                              > >

                              > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Jeremy,
                              > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                              > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                              > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                              > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                              > > your use.
                              > > >
                              > > > Regards,
                              > > > John Champlain
                              > > >

                              > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                              > > the
                              > > is
                              > > the

                              > > amount

                            • Steve Blackmore
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 6, 2013
                                On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:39:49 -0700, you wrote:

                                >You can download the XML Notepad application from Microsoft and at least look at the XML file in a structured format. However, it won’t print it for you. I’ve read that ImagePrinter Pro can do this but I haven’t tried it.

                                Notepad++ with the xml plugin works, will print them and is free.

                                Notepad++ is also a really good code or text editor and very
                                configurable, well worth the download.

                                Steve Blackmore