Print out configuration of pins etc

  • jeremywillson
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 26, 2013
      Hi Brian

      Will Mach4 have the ability to do a simple print out of its configuration settings?

      At present, the only way (that I know of) to get these settings on to a bit of paper or into a text document is to either do screen prints of each page of settings, or to laboriously copy each of the individual settings to paper or a text editor by hand.
    • vmax549
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 26, 2013
        HIYA Brian we already have the XML readers . What do you consider IMPORTANT to output to a file. (;-) TP --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Hi Brian

        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 26, 2013
          Hi Terry --- Jeremy, not Brian :)

          I would consider all the settings that I would have to re-enter into the configuration pages to get back to where I was as the most important, and it would be very nice to just be able to print these out to a file and/or printer.

          What are the XML readers?

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 27, 2013
            HIYA Jeremy not Brian , (;-) I saw that as I pressed the Button BUT to late. There are 3 ways to read the xml 1 MachProfile by Klaus 2 XMLReader by Zealous 3 Use  Internet Explorer.  I think the MachProfile is the most enabled application to use Just curious but IF you have a GOOD backup of the XML file that is all you need to Reload ALL the setup settings in one shot.. (;-) TP --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Hi Terry --- Jeremy, not Brian :)

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 27, 2013
              Thanks for that Terry

              I found and tried the readers that you suggested. They no doubt do the
              job they were made for extremely well, but the information they give is
              overwhelming and far more than I want or can use. Firefox gave me the
              best (most readable) results, but I could not cut and paste the
              information in to a word or notepad document.

              I am nowhere near your level of understanding of these things and I
              doubt my ability to ever be so or even that I have left to me the amount
              of time required to learn it.

              What I was hoping for was a simple form showing the same information
              that is displayed in the configuration pages of Mach and that is
              printable and understandable without heaps of extra information

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

              > HIYA Jeremy not Brian , (;-) I saw that as I pressed the Button BUT to
              late. There are 3 ways to read the xml 1 MachProfile by Klaus 2
              XMLReader by Zealous 3 Use Internet Explorer. I think the MachProfile
              is the most enabled application to use Just curious but IF you have a
              GOOD backup of the XML file that is all you need to Reload ALL the setup
              settings in one shot.. (;-) TP --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com,
              jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi Terry --- Jeremy, not Brian :)

              > I would consider all the settings that I would have to re-enter into
              the configuration pages to get back to where I was as the most
              important, and it would be very nice to just be able to print these out
              to a file and/or printer.

              > What are the XML readers?
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
              > >
              > > HIYA Brian we already have the XML readers . What do you consider
              IMPORTANT to output to a file. (;-) TP --- In
              mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi Brian

              > > Will Mach4 have the ability to do a simple print out of its
              configuration settings?

              > > At present, the only way (that I know of) to get these settings on
              to a bit of paper or into a text document is to either do screen prints
              of each page of settings, or to laboriously copy each of the individual
              settings to paper or a text editor by hand.

            • picengraver
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
                Jeremy,
                You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for your use.

                Regards,
                John Champlain

                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
                  Hi John
                  That is a very good suggestion. However,
                  I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                  single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                  the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                  me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                  so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                  acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                  give the information that I want.
                  Still a good idea though.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
                    Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Hi John

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 28, 2013
                      Jeremy,
                      Print the configuration information from Mach3's configuration menus. You'll get exactly what you entered for your configuration data, and no need to mess with the XML document that way.
                      John Champlain
                      www.picengrave.com

                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 30, 2013
                        Hi John
                        Do you mean to do screen prints? I have previously done this, but it is a very clumsy way of doing things. Even if the configuration pages were copyable so they were able to be inserted into a spread sheet would be better, but right click has been disabled for those screens.
                        I don't want a picture, or I would just photograph the screen with a camera. What I would like is the data in a format that is able to be reformatted or changed as required for use in a text document or sending in an email etc.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 30, 2013
                          Thanks Terry
                          I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)

                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 31, 2013
                            Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 31, 2013
                              Klaus did say he would give it some more thought. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <vmax549@...> wrote: Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry

                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 1, 2013
                                Thanks Terry
                                I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 1, 2013
                                  Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                                  I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                                  > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                                  In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                                  > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                                  >

                                  > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                                  In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                                  > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                                  > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                                  > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                                  > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                                  > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                                  > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                                  > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                                  > > give the information that I want.
                                  > > Still a good idea though.
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Jeremy,
                                  > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                                  > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                                  > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                                  > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                                  > > your use.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Regards,
                                  > > > John Champlain
                                  > > >

                                  > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                                  > > the
                                  > > is
                                  > > the

                                  > > amount

                                • William Cox
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013
                                    Is all of the necessary information in an XML file? If so, a stylesheet for printing the XML file should do the job, and not require that Mach itself do the job. This should not require a lot of extra stuff, mainly the stylesheet.

                                    When I actually have my CNC machine (soon) and Mach3 I'll look at it. I'd also like to see a condensed printout, as it would have made my life much easier with setting up a machine.

                                    Was there a stylesheet used internal to Mach for the "print the settings" option, or was it straight coding?

                                    Thanks!

                                    bill

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                                      Well that IS the problem there is NO MACH3 function to print out a setup sheet based on the XML. The XML contains a LOT,LOT,LOT of info that is really not required as a setup sheet. Probably 30 pages or so.

                                      I looked and could not see an easy way to do it in CB. All the easy functions of dealing with XMLs with VB do NOT work in Mach3 CB. I tried all that I could find as examples of parsing the XML to a text file. NONE would work in Mach3 CB.

                                      Now a real programer could probably do it in 15 minutes, ME maybe 15 weeks if at all.

                                      (;-) TP

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                                        What I thought would be usefull is a listing of ALL the stored values and a check box besides each line.

                                        Then you could check the values you wanted to print to file or print and it would just print the checked lines.

                                        Now if you wanted to be really cool you could assign real descriptors of each line instead of the cripted dscriptions.

                                        Just a thought, (;-) TP

                                        On 9/1/13 9:55 PM, vmax549@... wrote:

                                        Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                                        I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                                        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                                        > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                                        In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                                        > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                                        >

                                        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                                        In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                                        > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                                        > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                                        > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                                        > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                                        > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                                        > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                                        > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                                        > > give the information that I want.
                                        > > Still a good idea though.
                                        > >

                                        > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Jeremy,
                                        > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                                        > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                                        > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                                        > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                                        > > your use.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Regards,
                                        > > > John Champlain
                                        > > >

                                        > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                                        > > the
                                        > > is
                                        > > the

                                        > > amount

                                      • John Dammeyer
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 5, 2013

                                          You can download the XML Notepad application from Microsoft and at least look at the XML file in a structured format.  However, it won’t print it for you.  I’ve read that ImagePrinter Pro can do this but I haven’t tried it.

                                          John

                                          On 9/1/13 9:55 PM, vmax549@... wrote:

                                          Klaus is still THINKING about it so MAYBE it will get done. (;-) TP  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jeremywillson@...> wrote: Thanks Terry
                                          I will write up a proper headed log book for this so that others can use it too. Pity it can't/won't be auto populated though.

                                          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , <vmax549@...> wrote:

                                          > Heard from Klaus and he is not really thrilled to do it . He does not think it would go over well to have a checklist and printout ????  EVEN thought he did it for us with  MACHScreen(;-) Surely 4 pages of values would be better that 30 or so. Oh well, Back to basics, Take a pencil and paper and WRITE it down in your MACH3  log book. I will look for other solutions. (;-) TP   ---

                                          In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Thanks Terry
                                          > I hope that Klaus is willing and able to do this. :)
                                          >

                                          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , vmax549@ wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Jeremy I send a request to KLAUS to include a function to do as you suggested. You would be able to CHECK the items you want on the report then Save to file or Print. We have to wait to see what comes of it, (;-) TP  ---

                                          In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , jeremywillson@ wrote: Hi John
                                          > > That is a very good suggestion. However,
                                          > > I opened the document in Firefox again so that everything was in a
                                          > > single column of information and I estimated. I was twice clicking in
                                          > > the right hand sidebar to move down about a page at a time. that gave
                                          > > me about 45 lines of data per click and I had to do this about 80 times
                                          > > so that equates to over 40 pages of information. Five pages would be
                                          > > acceptable, 40 not so much, and it still does not read properly and
                                          > > give the information that I want.
                                          > > Still a good idea though.
                                          > >

                                          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "picengraver" wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Jeremy,
                                          > > > You can use "Shift/Print Scrn" to copy from your monitor the
                                          > > configuration display screens you want to save, then "Paste" into a text
                                          > > editor (MS Word) or an image editor (IrfanView), and print then print
                                          > > them. It is not as good as printing out the XML, but it may suffice for
                                          > > your use.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Regards,
                                          > > > John Champlain
                                          > > >

                                          > > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com , "jeremywillson" jeremywillson@

                                          > > the
                                          > > is
                                          > > the

                                          > > amount

                                        • Steve Blackmore
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Sep 6, 2013
                                            On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:39:49 -0700, you wrote:

                                            >You can download the XML Notepad application from Microsoft and at least look at the XML file in a structured format. However, it won’t print it for you. I’ve read that ImagePrinter Pro can do this but I haven’t tried it.

                                            Notepad++ with the xml plugin works, will print them and is free.

                                            Notepad++ is also a really good code or text editor and very
                                            configurable, well worth the download.

                                            Steve Blackmore