Re: Just got Published in the Digital Machinist Mag for this Summer issue!!!!

  • nc_karl
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
      Great piece Scott

      I haven't finished the article yet, but will today. It is a very well written and informative piece. And what an exciting project to write about. I always thought I wanted one, but with a desktop machine, it does seem a little overkill. And wow, what an large assortment of functions that are included. Anyone thinking about a pendant should read this article first to find out just what can be available on one.

      I also enjoyed the article on the arduino and running a speed control/digital read out RPM readout project. Another project I'd sure like to get around to someday.

      We haven't heard much out of you since last summer's CNC Workshop, Scott. Good to see you are still rolling in the big bucks that goes with CNC development!

      Karl

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Poppa" <poppabear@...> wrote:

      > Well!!!
      >
      > I just got my copy of Digital Machinist Magazine that has my article on building/using Peter Holman's MP-03!!!
      > First time being published in a Mag!!! Check out the "Summer" issue, the article starts on Page 50.
      >
      > Let me know what you think if you read the article.
      >
      > Scott

    • Poppa
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
        "We haven't heard much out of you since last summer's CNC Workshop, Scott. Good to see you are still rolling in the big bucks that goes with CNC development! "

        Thanks Karl, I have been mostly on the MachSupport forum....
        BTW: I would LOVE to know where all those "Big Bucks" are that I am rolling in....... it MUST be monopoly money.......

        Arduino....... Yeap, I got the regular one with an experimenter kit, then got the "Mega", just loving the stuff you can do with them...
        With GREAT documentation, AND user forum.

        Scott
      • ozzie34231
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
          GREAT SCOTT, SCOTT
          Congrats, I hope my copy comes soon. Should be about a week. Keep writing you have a lot to share.
          Ozzie

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Poppa" <poppabear@...> wrote:

          > Well!!!
          >
          > I just got my copy of Digital Machinist Magazine that has my article on building/using Peter Holman's MP-03!!!
          > First time being published in a Mag!!! Check out the "Summer" issue, the article starts on Page 50.
          >
          > Let me know what you think if you read the article.
          >
          > Scott

        • Ross
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
            Congratulations Scott!

            I also got published for the first time in this issue. My article is on pages 28 to 30 and covers a 5 input 8 output parallel port card I designed and built. As mentioned in the article, I still have a few PC boards available for sale if anyone is interested.

            Cheers,
            Ross

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Poppa" <poppabear@...> wrote:

            > Well!!!
            >
            > I just got my copy of Digital Machinist Magazine that has my article on building/using Peter Holman's MP-03!!!
            > First time being published in a Mag!!! Check out the "Summer" issue, the article starts on Page 50.
            >
            > Let me know what you think if you read the article.
            >
            > Scott

          • danmauch
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
              Congrats. Read the article last night. VG.
              I also am using your 5 axis screen set. I d/led the one from Darc but it wasn't as good as your. I think he has a corrected copy but he hasn't responded to my email to him. In any case the problem with your screen set is minor and I think I can use the screen design to add the 4th axis + button back in. Right now it is running my 5 axis control box using a G540+1 driver and a single parallel port. Looks great
              Thanks again.
              Dan Mauch
              Camtronics Inc

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Poppa" <poppabear@...> wrote:

              > "We haven't heard much out of you since last summer's CNC Workshop, Scott. Good to see you are still rolling in the big bucks that goes with CNC development! "
              >
              > Thanks Karl, I have been mostly on the MachSupport forum....
              > BTW: I would LOVE to know where all those "Big Bucks" are that I am rolling in....... it MUST be monopoly money.......
              >
              > Arduino....... Yeap, I got the regular one with an experimenter kit, then got the "Mega", just loving the stuff you can do with them...
              > With GREAT documentation, AND user forum.
              >
              > Scott

            • Poppa
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2013
                Thanks Gents for the comments!!

                Dan, glad you got the screen issue straitened out. I would have to dig deeply for that set, those where made a long, long time ago...
                I think they are/where published for free download on the mach support site on the forum, under finished screens..... either my thread or Darc's thread(s).