Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re:noise problem. Maybe solved

  • quadconversions
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013
      Well, it wasn't the RAM. I changed it back and mach still tripped. Wasn't
      the cheap switches.

      I've disconnected what is now just a long length of Igus shielded chain
      flex from the BOB and for an hour so far Mach is behaving like it should. I
      invested in the very best cable and Igus snake and it's let me down.

      The Y axis switches are on cheap shielded stuff and they seem OK. I'm
      going to replace the whole cable and see if I can't get some machining done
      today... then I'm going to fit an Ethernet Smooth Stepper :0)

      Atleast I'll be ready for Mach 4.

      Regards Dave

      rwenig2@... writes:

      Dave,
      May I suggest to take a continuity reading on the complete switch
      circuit. Flex the wires when you do it plus actuate the switches to make
      sure they are working right. From what I read, I suspect you have a
      broken wire somewhere or a bad switch.

      As mentioned, ram cards need to match the motherboard on a computer.
      All kinds of funny stuff can happen if they don't match.

      Rupert

      On 7/21/2013 5:23 PM, qconvers@... wrote:
      > Hello Rupert,
      >
      > NC. I cut the wires to the X axis switches and twisted them together to
      > complete the circuit. This stopped the LEDs flashing as it tripped, but
      > still Mach trips and says 'limit switch triggered' without a flash of
      LEDs.

      > I think Dave might be right and something is on it's last legs.
      Although
      > the DDR2 RAM cards fitted the slots I did notice they were a different
      > voltage rating.... maybe they are sucking the life out of another
      component..

      > I'm tempted to buy an oscilloscope and start probing stuff.
      >
      > I'm not even moving the machine, it just sits there and trips.
      Yesterday

      --

      yvt

      Rupert Wenig