Re: cutting an arc that lies in a plane perpendicular to the table

  • aeroengraving
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
      Hi Jasper,
      This would not be something you would need milling however I do is when I am using my hot wire boe. I just temporarily swap out my Z to the Y axis. I cut model aircraft wing this way. Once you get it figured out it only takes a minute
      Hope this help Buddy!
      Werner

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jaspercan7" <jaspercan7@...> wrote:

      > Up to now I have cut arcs using G2/G3 only in planes parallel to the table (perpendicular to my spindle).
      >
      > How do I make the tool follow an arc that instead is perpendicular to the table?

    • Henrik Olsson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
        Hi,
        I think what you're looking for is G18 (XZ plane) and G19 (YZ plane).

        /Henrik.