cutting an arc that lies in a plane perpendicular to the table

  • jaspercan7
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
      Up to now I have cut arcs using G2/G3 only in planes parallel to the table (perpendicular to my spindle).

      How do I make the tool follow an arc that instead is perpendicular to the table?
    • aeroengraving
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
        Hi Jasper,
        This would not be something you would need milling however I do is when I am using my hot wire boe. I just temporarily swap out my Z to the Y axis. I cut model aircraft wing this way. Once you get it figured out it only takes a minute
        Hope this help Buddy!
        Werner

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jaspercan7" <jaspercan7@...> wrote:

        > Up to now I have cut arcs using G2/G3 only in planes parallel to the table (perpendicular to my spindle).
        >
        > How do I make the tool follow an arc that instead is perpendicular to the table?

      • Henrik Olsson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2013
          Hi,
          I think what you're looking for is G18 (XZ plane) and G19 (YZ plane).

          /Henrik.