Re: OEM button bug?

  • Hood
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
      Not sure how the pokeys plugin works, been a long time since I used, but if you can try changing the active state of the input.
      Hood

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

      > I've been laboring at setting up a Pokeys interface for my control board. (Adventures in Pokeys, on the Mach support forum).
      > I have two buttons on the control that I want to use to jog the C axis, which will be a servo to raise and lower the knee of my milling machine. Looking at the OEM button choices I have picked 331 and 332. But they don't work as expected. Pressing the button puts the axis in continuous motion only to be stopped by pressing escape or the button for the opposite direction. I tried 329 and 330, (B axis) with the same result.
      > Am I using the correct OEM buttons? If yes, there is a bug?
      > Thanks,
      > Ozzie

    • ozzie34231
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
        Don't think so; all the buttons work by grounding the pin. My buttons for jogging X, Y, Z A, all work in both directions, (8 OEM buttons). In the list of buttons, the B and C jogs are out of numerical sequence from the others, almost like they were added as an after thought. Perhaps the coding is not quite correct?
        Ozzie

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Hood" <robin/dorothy@...> wrote:

        > Not sure how the pokeys plugin works, been a long time since I used, but if you can try changing the active state of the input.
        > Hood
        >
        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've been laboring at setting up a Pokeys interface for my control board. (Adventures in Pokeys, on the Mach support forum).
        > > I have two buttons on the control that I want to use to jog the C axis, which will be a servo to raise and lower the knee of my milling machine. Looking at the OEM button choices I have picked 331 and 332. But they don't work as expected. Pressing the button puts the axis in continuous motion only to be stopped by pressing escape or the button for the opposite direction. I tried 329 and 330, (B axis) with the same result.
        > > Am I using the correct OEM buttons? If yes, there is a bug?
        > > Thanks,
        > > Ozzie

      • Hood
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2013
          Ok if others are working that way then sounds like something amiss in Mach.
          Hood

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

          > Don't think so; all the buttons work by grounding the pin. My buttons for jogging X, Y, Z A, all work in both directions, (8 OEM buttons). In the list of buttons, the B and C jogs are out of numerical sequence from the others, almost like they were added as an after thought. Perhaps the coding is not quite correct?
          > Ozzie
          >
          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Hood" <robin/dorothy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Not sure how the pokeys plugin works, been a long time since I used, but if you can try changing the active state of the input.
          > > Hood
          > >
          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I've been laboring at setting up a Pokeys interface for my control board. (Adventures in Pokeys, on the Mach support forum).
          > > > I have two buttons on the control that I want to use to jog the C axis, which will be a servo to raise and lower the knee of my milling machine. Looking at the OEM button choices I have picked 331 and 332. But they don't work as expected. Pressing the button puts the axis in continuous motion only to be stopped by pressing escape or the button for the opposite direction. I tried 329 and 330, (B axis) with the same result.
          > > > Am I using the correct OEM buttons? If yes, there is a bug?
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > Ozzie

        • ozzie34231
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013
            Does that mean someone will look into it?

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Hood" <robin/dorothy@...> wrote:

            > Ok if others are working that way then sounds like something amiss in Mach.
            > Hood
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Don't think so; all the buttons work by grounding the pin. My buttons for jogging X, Y, Z A, all work in both directions, (8 OEM buttons). In the list of buttons, the B and C jogs are out of numerical sequence from the others, almost like they were added as an after thought. Perhaps the coding is not quite correct?
            > > Ozzie
            > >
            > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Hood" <robin/dorothy@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Not sure how the pokeys plugin works, been a long time since I used, but if you can try changing the active state of the input.
            > > > Hood

          • Hood
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
              Only person that could look into fixing it, if it is indeed a problem, is Brian. Suggest you contact Brett
              http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1189
              and report it and he will note it down and let Brian know, whether it will go further I have no idea, seems some things get sorted, some not, some things are possible to fix some are not. However as this has nothing to do with Turn I think the chances of it getting fixed are improved, Brian doesnt like Turn ;)

              Hood

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

              > Does that mean someone will look into it?
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Hood" <robin/dorothy@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ok if others are working that way then sounds like something amiss in Mach.
              > > Hood
              > >
              > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Don't think so; all the buttons work by grounding the pin. My buttons for jogging X, Y, Z A, all work in both directions, (8 OEM buttons). In the list of buttons, the B and C jogs are out of numerical sequence from the others, almost like they were added as an after thought. Perhaps the coding is not quite correct?
              > > > Ozzie

            • ozzie34231
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
                Thanks for the reply. I'll wait a bit as I've found some strange things going on with my setup, though I still think something is wrong with B and C jogging.