Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Mach3 and J code

  • quadconversions
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
      I'm running Mach3 R3.042.020 and have been doing with RhinoCam with no
      problems. I now have the latest RhinoCam and Mach is making some huge loops
      when it hits a J in the Gcode.

      Will an upgrade to the latest Mach3 solve this problem?

      Cheers Dave K

    • chuck
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
        Dave try switching your IJ mode in general config.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
          This is referred to as 'crop circles' and occurs because your IJ mode in Mach is not set the same as your CAM program. Check the general settings page in Mach to see how it is configured then set your CAM program the same way.

          Jeff Birt
          Soigeneris.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
            Thanks guys, It's displaying the tool path now too...

            But, it warns that "Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start line
            603".... And it's highlighting a bit of J code again.

            The simulation in RhinoCAM looked OK.....

            Cheers, Dave K

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
              As they said, it's your IJ mode.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                Is it better to set Mach to 'absolute' or 'inc' or the CAM program to
                'absolute' or 'inc?

                Dave K

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013

                  Phill

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                    They both need to be the same. Incremental is the most common format used.

                    Gerry

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                      I'm inc not absolute now.

                      Closing Mach and restarting it seems to have gotten rid of the persistent
                      error. I'll run it with the machine off and watch for the crop circles...
                      none so far...

                      I think it's good to go. I've been denied the time to do this 4 hour job
                      for 3 weeks now and at last, the next 24 are all mine.

                      Thanks for the help guys, it's simple when you know how.

                      Regards Dave K

                      CNCWoodworker@... writes:

                      As they said, it's your IJ mode.