Re: What if!!

  • agelkom
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 14, 2013
      Hello Dan,
      If you connect +5 V to DMM card (AV Out pin1 +5V and pin3 0V),

      Connect voltmeter to pin2 and pin3.

      Open Mach3 Config>Ports&Pins>Motor Outputs>
      check Spindle Enable, pin1,pin1,redcross, red (or green) cross, port1, port1

      Config>Ports&Pins>Spindle Setup>Motor Control
      Check "Use Spindle Motor Output" and Check "PWM Control", PWM Base Freq 500 and %0
      Apply and exit
      On Mach3 screen SpindleSpeed value may(25000)
      Enter half or less than this value to "S-ov" section and press F5 to start spindle and observe some volts 2.5-3V on your voltmeter.
      Good Luck
      Can

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Dan Hopkins <danhopkins182@...> wrote:

      > I knowyou can connect 5V to the DMM card. I have 5V connected to the card.
      >
      > I can't get Mach3 the recognize the AV
      > outputs, since they are not numbered connectors.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Dan Hopkins
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 15, 2013
        Hello Can,

        I do appreciate
        your help. The difficult part is naming pins 1 and 2 when they are
        “G”, “ Aout” & “+ Vin”

        So even if they work I can't
        input the letters for Mach3 to recognize which port is which.
        Open Mach3 Config>Ports&Pins>Motor
        Outputs>
        check Spindle Enable, pin1,pin1,redcross, red (or
        green) cross, port1, port1
        Due to my configuration this does not
        work the first pin is pin16. The rest is as you said.
        I do not understand “S-ov”. Is this
        for the pulley?

        I can get the software to turn on (5000rpm) the motor and to turn it off, but not set the speed.

        Thanks Again
        Dan

        ________________________________
        If you connect +5 V to DMM card (AV Out pin1 +5V and pin3 0V),

        Connect voltmeter to pin2 and pin3.

        Open Mach3 Config>Ports&Pins>Motor Outputs>
        check Spindle Enable, pin1,pin1,redcross, red (or green) cross, port1, port1

        Config>Ports&Pins>Spindle Setup>Motor Control
        Check "Use Spindle Motor Output" and Check "PWM Control", PWM Base Freq 500 and %0
        Apply and exit
        On Mach3 screen SpindleSpeed value may(25000)
        Enter half or less than this value to "S-ov" section and press F5 to start spindle and observe some volts 2.5-3V on your voltmeter.
        Good Luck
        Can

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Dan Hopkins <danhopkins182@...> wrote:

        > I knowyou can connect 5V to the DMM card. I have 5V connected to the card.
        >
        > I can't get Mach3 the recognize the AV
        > outputs, since they are not numbered connectors.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • agelkom
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 16, 2013
          Hi Dan,
          Okay,
          1) Connect G to 0V of supply and voltmeter-, Aout to voltmeter+. Vin to +5V supply

          2) pin 1 port1 is the output for PWM, pin16 is on-off output according to DMM schematic.

          3)You can see the level at Aout. Also if you change the STEP Active Low (green, as mentioed in my last mail) at SPINDLE section.
          you must observe reversed level, if it is, everything is okay except
          spindle speed, change the speed during test.

          4)S-ov means Spindle override. If your screen has not, S-ov you can adjust half of the max. speed

        • Dan Hopkins
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 18, 2013
            Hello Can,
              I want to thank you for trying. I have burnt out something I don't know what. My machine will not run. I have a bigger different problem now.
            Thank you for your help, but I will be taking the Super PID off my machine to find out where the problem is.
            Again thanks.

            Dan