Emegency stop when home switch is activated

  • boxmr11
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2013
      Strange problem. When I flip any of my home switches, almost all of my port goes green. This is looking in diagnostic page, looking at the parallel port simulated lights.

      What could cause my home switch on pin 11 to activate emergency stop, the emergency button is on pin10.

      I thought it could be the parallel port so I replaced it and I still get the same results. I have all my home switches going to pin 11.

      My machine was working, then I started up next day and the limit switches are activating the emergency stop.

      Help
      Ray

      Should I add a pullup resistor to each input?
    • art2
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
        Ray:

        >>My machine was working, then I started up next day and the limit switches are activating the emergency stop

        Are the switches also set to X++ and X-- etc? If those switches are hit an Estop is the result. When you get the Estop, what is the message? If it says "External Estop req." then its sensing the EStop itself is triggered, if it says "Limit Switch" then you have X++ or X-- ..ect set to on as well..

        www.gearotic.com