Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re stepper drivers

  • Thayer Syme
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
      >Thanks to all that replied, Gecko has won the day , I've ordered the
      >unit and power pac. I went to a friend of mine and he was using a
      >cheep unit from ebay, Dare I say it, the steppers sounded like a
      >mariachi band playing at a Chinese fire drill, and they stopped
      >missing steps when he closed the feed down to 10 inches a
      >minute,hopefully I will be able to convince him to invest in
      >something more substantial,

      John,

      I think you have done well. FWIW, I am running 75ipm rapids on my
      Monster Mill with 4tpi screws and have had them higher with no sign
      of missed steps.

      Thayer
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
        On 7/9/2013 1:30 PM, johngo602000 wrote:

        > Thanks to all that replied, Gecko has won the day , I've ordered the
        > unit and power pac. I went to a friend of mine and he was using a
        > cheep unit from ebay, Dare I say it, the steppers sounded like a
        > mariachi band playing at a Chinese fire drill, and they stopped
        > missing steps when he closed the feed down to 10 inches a
        > minute,hopefully I will be able to convince him to invest in something
        > more substantial,
        >
        > Regads John.

        The Chinese Leadshine drives seem to work well also. But if you need
        four drives, but the time you buy a BOB and the drives and wire it all
        up, you are at about the same price as a G540. The only
        real downside to the G540 is that it is limited to 3.5 amps.