Re: Mach3 Motors encoder/no encoder

  • tesla_turbine
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 27, 2013
      Gastom,

      With the link to Machwiki fixed, I headed on over to look for something that might be useful. I suspect one or more of the OEM DROs might help but I haven't found a detailed description of their contents so no luck yet.

      Peter

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Gaston Gagnon <gaston.gagnon@...> wrote:

      > Peter,
      > I see. I have no problem maintaining low backlash in my router but a little
      > harder to get rid of the 0.006" on the cross slide of my Taig lathe.
      > As far as I can see, Mach3 backlash mechanism seem to work well to
      > compensate for that problem but that does not apply to the encoder reading.
      > That is why I would like to implement the same mechanism to the encoder DRO
      > At this moment though, I just cannot wrap my head around an algorithm to do
      > just that.
      > Gaston
      > --
    • Gaston Gagnon
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 27, 2013
        Thanks Peter,
        You are my only hope as no one else seem interested at this time in this
        topic ;)
        Seriously as much as it is an interesting challenge I don't think it has is
        a very practical use.

        At least it has permit me to use brains to get the encoder to display X
        Radius/Diameter mode correctly and second I brushed up on the macropump use.

        Gaston

        --
        /http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon//