Re: Wiring an E-stop switch

  • marvfrankel
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2013
      Bob,
      As usual, you're here to get me out of trouble. I've searched through Sound Logic's General Users Guide, and I can't find any reference to an E-stop input except, in the page showing connections to the parallel port, it indicates E-stop on Pin 10. Other than that, there are no markings on the board indicating an E-stop input. Point me in the right direction.

      Thanks,
      Marv

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <bob@...> wrote:

      > Marv,
      >
      > The break out board has an Estop input. When it was shipped there was a
      > jumper wire on the Estop input screw terminals.
      >
      > I will help you.
      >
      > Bob Campbell

    • Andy Wander
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27, 2013
        Marv:

        Use Pin 10.

        Andy Wander

        _____

        <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bob Campbell" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Marv,
        >
        > The break out board has an Estop input. When it was shipped there was a
        > jumper wire on the Estop input screw terminals.
        >
        > I will help you.
        >
        > Bob Campbell

      • Bob Campbell
        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2013
          Marv,

          I will get back with you later this morning.

          Bob

          As usual, you're here to get me out of trouble. I've searched through
          Sound Logic's General Users Guide, and I can't find any reference to an
          E-stop input except, in the page showing connections to the parallel port,
          it indicates E-stop on Pin 10. Other than that, there are no markings on the
          board indicating an E-stop input. Point me in the right direction.

          Thanks,
          Marv

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <bob@...> wrote:

          > Marv,
          >
          > The break out board has an Estop input. When it was shipped there was
          > a jumper wire on the Estop input screw terminals.
          >
          > I will help you.
          >
          > Bob Campbell

        • morerust
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28, 2013
            Hi Marv,

            The current version (1.8) of the PC-2-Route breakout board
            has a 2 pin connector (I think it is J21) in the corner of the
            board diagonally opposite of the power transformer. The board
            would have shipped with wire jumper between the two pins on
            this connector. To use an E-Stop switch, remove this jumper
            wire and connect the two terminals to the normally closed
            contacts of your E-Stop switch.

            Earlier versions of the PC-2-Route appear to have not had
            this connector. There was an interior 0.1" jumper clip
            location that may be usable in the same fashion though it
            will require a mating plug for the pins.

            Regards,
            Steve Stallings

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "marvfrankel" <Dcdziner@...> wrote:

            > Bob,
            > As usual, you're here to get me out of trouble. I've searched through Sound Logic's General Users Guide, and I can't find any reference to an E-stop input except, in the page showing connections to the parallel port, it indicates E-stop on Pin 10. Other than that, there are no markings on the board indicating an E-stop input. Point me in the right direction.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Marv
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <bob@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Marv,
            > >
            > > The break out board has an Estop input. When it was shipped there was a
            > > jumper wire on the Estop input screw terminals.
            > >
            > > I will help you.
            > >
            > > Bob Campbell

          • Bob Campbell
            Message 5 of 10 , May 28, 2013
              Marv,

              On the combo board with the four relays, the screw terminals marked EPO-nc
              should have a jumper on them. That is where you can connect a normally
              closed switch for the emergency E-stop. Note, it needs to be a normally
              closed switch.

              For the other breakout board without the relays, it is on the upper right
              hand corner of the board.

              Bob Campbell

              As usual, you're here to get me out of trouble. I've searched through
              Sound Logic's General Users Guide, and I can't find any reference to an
              E-stop input except, in the page showing connections to the parallel port,
              it indicates E-stop on Pin 10. Other than that, there are no markings on the
              board indicating an E-stop input. Point me in the right direction.

              Thanks,
              Marv

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <bob@...> wrote:

              > Marv,
              >
              > The break out board has an Estop input. When it was shipped there was
              > a jumper wire on the Estop input screw terminals.
              >
              > I will help you.
              >
              > Bob Campbell

            • marvfrankel
              Message 6 of 10 , May 29, 2013
                Bob,
                Thanks once again for getting me out of trouble. You and Steve Stallings pointed me in the right direction, and when my E-stop switch arrived yesterday, I connected it to J21, and it worked like a charm. May I suggest that the breakout board General Users Guide include some kind of note, indicating that J21 is used as an E-stop switch connection. The cryptic "EPD" note on the terminal really doesn't indicate what the terminal is for.
                All this was not in vain, since I discovered a couple of loose connections between the breakout board and the Geckos.

                Sincerely,
                Marv Frankel
                Los Angeles

              • Bob Campbell