Re: Is M98 working????

  • nc_karl
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2013
      Ozzie

      I believe "L" is the repeat counter not"Q", and I'd use "L[#1004]" (those are square brackets) and there is no space between the "O" and the "0009" in the subprogram label. Hope this helps.

      Karl

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@...> wrote:

      > I'm getting old, but now I'm going crazy.
      > I just wrote this G-code with a sub-routine, I've written many like it before and I've compared it for syntax, BUT IT WILL NOT RUN! I get a message that no sub-routine has been called. Has the syntax changed?
      > Anyway here it is; please help.
      >
      > % Slot with saw blade
      >
      > #1001=13.5 ( x distance)
      > #1002=.05 ( y stepover)
      > #1003=.110 ( z stepover)
      > #1004=14 ( number of repeats)
      > #1005=10 ( Feed)
      >
      > G0 y0
      > x0 z0
      > M98 P0009 Q#1004
      >
      > G0 G90 Y0 X0 Z0
      > G0 G91 Z [-.5*#1003]
      > G1 F#1005
      > X #1001
      > X0
      > z0
      > M30
      > %
      >

      > O 0009
      > G0 G91 Y #1002
      > G1 G90 x #1001 F#1005
      > G0 G91 z [-1*#1003]
      > G1 G90 x 0 F#1005
      > G0 G90 Z 0.0
      > M99
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ozzie

    • ozzie34231
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2013
        Thanks Karl.
        Q has always worked and spaces don't seem to matter. Square brackets do seem to matter some places. As I said as soon as I tried the code on this computer it ran fine.
        So the deal is to check out the HD on the shop computer. Thinking back, I have had a couple strange occurrences there, but I put it down to Senior Moments! Screw the inventor of old age!
        Anyone have opinions on using a new solid state SATA.
        Ozzie

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "nc_karl" <nc_karl@...> wrote:

        > Ozzie
        >
        > I believe "L" is the repeat counter not"Q", and I'd use "L[#1004]" (those are square brackets) and there is no space between the "O" and the "0009" in the subprogram label. Hope this helps.
        >
        > Karl
        >

        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "ozzie34231" <OzzieII@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm getting old, but now I'm going crazy.
        > > I just wrote this G-code with a sub-routine, I've written many like it before and I've compared it for syntax, BUT IT WILL NOT RUN! I get a message that no sub-routine has been called. Has the syntax changed?
        > > Anyway here it is; please help.
        > >
        > > % Slot with saw blade
        > >
        > > #1001=13.5 ( x distance)
        > > #1002=.05 ( y stepover)
        > > #1003=.110 ( z stepover)
        > > #1004=14 ( number of repeats)
        > > #1005=10 ( Feed)
        > >
        > > G0 y0
        > > x0 z0
        > > M98 P0009 Q#1004
        > >
        > > G0 G90 Y0 X0 Z0
        > > G0 G91 Z [-.5*#1003]
        > > G1 F#1005
        > > X #1001
        > > X0
        > > z0
        > > M30
        > > %
        > >

        > > O 0009
        > > G0 G91 Y #1002
        > > G1 G90 x #1001 F#1005
        > > G0 G91 z [-1*#1003]
        > > G1 G90 x 0 F#1005
        > > G0 G90 Z 0.0
        > > M99
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Ozzie

      • Pablo Untroib
        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2013
          this mach3 format always worked for me:

          m98 PXXXX LYYY
          m5
          m30

          OXXXX
          [code here]
          m99
          %

          a bonus tip

          for auto incrementing inside the subroutine, I use this:

          G91
          g0 y1
          g90

          it moves Y one unit from its actual position then resumes to absolute coordinates.

          Using this and two nested subroutines you can do a square matrix with very few lines of code

          --
          Pablo E. Untroib
          -------

          PGP Key ID: : 0xFC7177AF