Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Mach 4? Days, weeks, months, years?

  • Brian Klemis
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15, 2013
      Hello Brian,
      Thanks for the update, sounds like we will be able to play soon.
      Just one question you say you need the ESS working before Alpha release
      must be a very large user base that uses Parallel port if not the largest.
      Hopefully this large resource could be used to start evaluation while Greg has time
      and less pressure to finish his plugin?
      Thanks,
      Brian K.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , May 15, 2013
        HIYA Brian HOW about setting it up with the LPT driver THEN the OEM's can catch up on their time.

        (;-) TP

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

        > Well I would like to think that we are more in weeks then months.. to
        > get some alpha out.. the Screen design has been a bigger challenge then
        > we where thinking. And I have been pulled on a few OEM projects that I
        > need to get done so Steve has been busting away on GUI without me :( .
        > He has done one heck of a job and from what I can see it is better now
        > then Mach 3 ever was but it needs to get some more things tweaked...
        > They are small.. like being able to see a small box around an image
        > button when you press it.. That is getting fixed now so it looks as you
        > expect.. but we are making parts all the time with it so I think as for
        > running a machine it is not so far off.. the ESS plugin that we are
        > testing with needs work.. I don't know when Greg will have time to fit
        > it in.. that will be one of the next things that we need to get finished
        > up before I can let this out into the light of the day :)
        >

        > Thanks
        > Brian
        >

        > On 5/14/2013 4:07 PM, cncsmyhobby wrote:
        > > Brian, Please help me out, I have plans for my new Hicon Integra but do not want to put a lot of effort into it with Mach3 if you are going to release 4 soon. PLEASE give us some idea as to when....
        > > Thanks,
        > > cncs

      • Terry Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , May 15, 2013

          Message 4 of 9 , May 16, 2013
            I was thinking the same thing LOL.. The issue is that I do very little
            development on 32 bit machines and getting things tested out without the
            P Port is nice ;) . I can blue screen my machine easy with the p port :(
            ... You stop it at the wrong time and you will pay LOL.

            The P Port will be on the list of things to get finished up! Art is so
            fast that I don't see that taking very long at all..

            Message 5 of 9 , May 16, 2013
              Yes I need to get the P Port finished ;)

              On 5/15/2013 9:53 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
              > HIYA Brian How about setting it up with the LPT driver THEN the OEM's can catch up on their time.
              >
              > (;-) TP

            • Terry Parker
              Message 6 of 9 , May 16, 2013
                Sounds like a big ole BUG if it won't run the LPT driver without the BLUE screen of death(;-).

                Out of curiousity which do you think has more users LPT or others?

                LPTers could have it debugged before the OEMs got up to speed.

                Just a thought, (;-) TP

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                > I was thinking the same thing LOL.. The issue is that I do very little
                > development on 32 bit machines and getting things tested out without the
                > P Port is nice ;) . I can blue screen my machine easy with the p port :(
                > ... You stop it at the wrong time and you will pay LOL.
                >
                > The P Port will be on the list of things to get finished up! Art is so
                > fast that I don't see that taking very long at all..
                >
                > Thanks
                > Brian
                >
                > On 5/15/2013 4:01 PM, Brian Klemis wrote:
                > > Hello Brian,
                > > Thanks for the update, sounds like we will be able to play soon.
                > > Just one question you say you need the ESS working before Alpha release
                > > must be a very large user base that uses Parallel port if not the largest.
                > > Hopefully this large resource could be used to start evaluation while Greg has time
                > > and less pressure to finish his plugin?
                > > Thanks,
                > > Brian K.

              • Steve Blackmore
                Message 7 of 9 , May 16, 2013
                  On Thu, 16 May 2013 17:34:47 -0000, you wrote:

                  >Sounds like a big ole BUG if it won't run the LPT driver without the BLUE screen of death(;-).
                  >
                  >Out of curiousity which do you think has more users LPT or others?
                  >
                  >LPTers could have it debugged before the OEMs got up to speed.

                  Too true - especially for us who got fed up of waiting for OEM's to fix
                  things ;)

                  All of my machines are set for parallel port, and all are 32bit too. I
                  suspect the majority are in the same situation.

                  Steve Blackmore