Vectric: was Re: [mach1mach2cnc] JPG TO DFX TO MACH3 G-CODE

  • John Jackson
    Message 1 of 37 , May 14, 2013
      Sometimes to get the text around a circle exactly where you want it you break up the circle into a series of arcs that create the circle. That way you can have multiple start points. For example if you want some text at the top and bottom and left and right.

      The other comment is that Vectric's support forum is very active and very helpful.

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Ron Ginger <ronginger@...> wrote:
      > > Posted by: "Rupert"rwenig2@... rwenig2
      > > Date: Mon May 13, 2013 6:28 pm ((PDT))
      > >
      > > Will Vectric do text on a plaque. I need to do a plaque with the
      > > letters raised for a pattern to cast in bronze.
      > >
      > > Rupert
      > Yes, I have done several patterns to cast the Number plate on the front
      > of locomotives. It can do any shape raised- like scrolls or flowers as well.
      > One thing that drove me nuts was getting letters to form a circle around
      > the edge of the plate. I could get them under the bottom, around the
      > side, inside the circle, everywhere but where I wanted them.
      > Turns out vectric thinks circles have a start point! I always thought a
      > circle was endless, but in vectric they have start points. Once you get
      > that you simply place the stat where you want it and the text rolls
      > around just where you need it. To see the start point select the circle
      > and its resize handles will appear-- one of them is a different color.
      > To move the start point right click the one you want to be start and
      > select make start point.
      > For woodworkers it will cut a V pocket, and a complement raised object
      > that will glue into the pocket and make a perfect inlay- even with sharp
      > points like a star.
      > Vectric is good!
      > ron ginger
    • Robert Steinberg