Re: D&M 4S machining center

  • drexelad
    Message 1 of 27 , May 7 11:43 AM
      I should have thought about Sherline, but thanks again for the heads up. The gecko g540 showed up. Last week I started to remove everything from the rear service panel to make room for the new parts. I remember seeing a wiring diagram on gecko's website. Should I follow that for wiring up the new machine? If anyone has any pictures of their set up I wouldn't mind taking a look :). Also, what kind of wire should I use for everything?

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Ron Ginger <ronginger@...> wrote:

      > > Posted by: "drexelad"alexdrechsel87@... drexelad
      > > Date: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:57 pm ((PDT))
      > >
      > > Great information on the stepper motors. After watching the video the 170oz motors will do just fine. Would anyone know where I can get a new table for my sherline? This machine came from a tech school and it does have some drill marks in it.
      >
      > Order direct from Sherline- they supply every part for all their
      > machines, and have maintained compatibility since the start of the
      > business.
      >
      > That is one of the best features of Sherline.
      >
      > ron ginger

    • Russell Dunn
      Message 2 of 27 , May 7 11:54 AM
        On 7 May 2013, at 20:43, "drexelad" <alexdrechsel87@...> wrote:

        > I should have thought about Sherline, but thanks again for the heads up. The gecko g540 showed up. Last week I started to remove everything from the rear service panel to make room for the new parts. I remember seeing a wiring diagram on gecko's website. Should I follow that for wiring up the new machine? If anyone has any pictures of their set up I wouldn't mind taking a look :). Also, what kind of wire should I use for everything?

        Alex and group,

        I wired my G540 exactly as per the Gecko documentation, back in 2008. And it has never ever hiccuped since.
        Re wiring, I purchased my wire in all the different colours from an Auto spares outlet. The wire gauge I don't know but it is what they use for wiring trailers for hooking up to your car. And I have the added plus in that I can colour code just about everything except what I had for breakfast. :-))

        Russell Dunn
        Ferlach, Austria