Strange Z axis behavior

  • camelot_sailor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      Running a Cintimatic MV1000 3 axis mill with Granite VSD-XE drives. I have the X and Y axis operating quite well but the Z is giving me fits.

      When I run the Z axis under Mach3 with a G0 command, the motor accelerates to full speed and then has a very distinct change in motor sound at approximately 1-2 second intervals. The motor current also shows an increase in sync with the sound. If I run all 3 axis simultaneously with the G0 command, that same problem also causes the X and Y axis to jerk when the sound occurs.

      Using the keyboard or ShuttlePro to rapid the Z and it runs smooth as silk.

      Does Mach3 treat a G0 command different than the manual control of the rapid move?

      A G0 command of the X and Y axis without Z does not exhibit anything similar.

      Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening here and how to correct it.

      Thanks,

      Claude