Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Pokeys56E signal current to low for relay board

  • cnc sales (hanermo)
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2, 2013
      Please, consider photo or wiring guide for the rest of us.
      How you did it, so it works.
      TIA,
      h-

      --
      -hanermo

    • tmday7
      Message 2 of 23 , May 3, 2013
        After reading more of the manual ;), I found that......
        Pin 1 & 2 are I/O General purpose digital input/output pin (limited current source capability on
        PoKeys56E).

        Thats exactly why the 1&2 pins would not trigger relay.

        I need a few more projects. :)

        Thanks,
        Troy

      • fortino tan
        Message 3 of 23 , May 3, 2013
          Hanermo,

          Basically, the boards are loaded with relays that are already set with opto, protection diode and current limit resistors. It is designed to be used with USB power device ( Arduino board, Pokeys).
          As we all know that the current from USB is low and do not have capabilities to trigger 5V relays.
          Therefore;
          1. The Vcc and GND must be supplied from outboard 5V power supply enough to trigger all 8 relays.
          2. The IN 1-8 are the pins to trigger ON/OFF (5V low current) to activate the opto. In which trigger the relay coil.
          3. COM ( Common) can be configured two ways: Common GND or Common 5V+.
          When it is set Common GND, IN 1-8 are +5V. When set Common +5V, IN1-8 are GND.

          It is the same wiring diagram when you set 8 relays with ULN 2003 plus limit resistor and protective diode. It is now conveniently set all in one board.

          Fortino

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 23 , May 3, 2013
            Here is a jpg of relay board and Pokeys wiring i am currently using.
            http://tinyurl.com/cx8wk2l

            HTH,
            Troy

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "cnc sales (hanermo)" <gcode.fi@...> wrote:

            > Please, consider photo or wiring guide for the rest of us.
            > How you did it, so it works.
            > TIA,
            > h-
            >
            > > Hi Fortino,
            > > Already moved to other available pins and relay board is triggering
            > > just fine now. :)
            > >
            > > Thanks again for your help :)
            > > Troy
            > >
            > > --
            > >

            > --
            > -hanermo

          • cnc sales (hanermo)
            Message 5 of 23 , May 3, 2013
              THANKS !
              Its a LOT clearer when I dont, atm, have a relay board.

              BTW..
              Some of the first signals are meant for MPGs on the pokeys.
              The (Fast) MPGs cannot be put onto the other signals.
              So it might be an idea to use the later signals for input ...
              Just a heads-up for those who may be putting on MPGs later on.

              I just finished connecting 3 MPGs to the pokeys, and was very happy with
              the performance.
              I will now (5 min) go and pick up some 304 stainless to make 3 MPG
              pendants (the metal boxes).
              Should have been cut along with bits for the CNC grinder some of these
              many MPGs are going on to.

              Q !

              Does anyone know how to put more than 3 MPGs on mach3 ?
              Can it be done ?
              Art ? Brian ?
              Is it possible to mix Pokeys and std MPGs ? Or any other combo ?

              I have multi-axis machines. I would like to have fixed MPGs, where a
              given knob is always a given axis.
              As the Z-axis might move in 0.1 micron increments, while the x axis is
              cm, and the y is mm, on the grinder for example.
              And 3-4 axis are rotaries (table, tool, tool angel, grinder angle1,
              grinder angle2, and so ...)..

              Likewise, on the lathe, for subspindle (angle1, angle2) live tooling and
              so on.. not to confuse these with x,z.

              --
              -hanermo