Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Mach 4 video's at Cabin Fever on Youtube

  • chuck
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 24, 2013
      yup, that was it...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Brian Barker
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Mach 4 video's at Cabin Fever on Youtube

      I can't remember what the second thing is now.. So I think it will be
      fine LOL

      On 4/24/2013 1:10 PM, chuck wrote:
      > yeah just wait you're gonna hate the second thing....LOL

    • marvfrankel
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 25, 2013
        Guys,
        Thanks, one and all, for the videos, for those of us who are geographically challenged. I've downloaded them, converted them, and loaded them into my iPad. The videos are awesome, especially on a 60" screen. Now, all I have to do, is find 3 1/2 hours to watch them both.

        Marv Frankel
        Los Angeles

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, qconvers@... wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I've got one video of Ron giving a talk on wizards up on Youtube. It's just
        > over 2 hours long.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DXY1oCprc
        >

        > It takes a couple of hours to render these videos, but I should have more
        > up tomorrow. I'll also make them available for easy download. Maybe
        > Windows Media Player format?
        >

        > Regards Dave Kennedy

        > chuckels@... writes:
        >
        > thanx Dave,
        > that's great.
        > Chuck

      • quadconversions
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 25, 2013
          There are 2 of Ed's videos of Ron. The longer one has a bit of repeated
          footage but has been edited so you can see the screen better. The shorter
          one you can't see the screen so good.

          I will re-edit it and re-post a good one.. when I get the chance.

          http://www.youtube.com/user/QuadConversions?feature=watch

          Regards Dave

        • brasslathe
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 25, 2013
            Hi Dave and Ed,

            Many thanks for the videos.

            As I live in South Africa, there is little chance of getting to the shows, and it certainly helps to see the interaction and to put a face to the members who have contributed to the group for so long.

            Viewing the videos also gives one a better appreciation of all the great work and thought processes that have gone into the new software.

            Looking forward to purchasing the brand new Mach4

            Many thanks

            Ed Fitzhenry
            From the Rainbow Nation of South Africa

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "marvfrankel" <Dcdziner@...> wrote:

            > Guys,
            > Thanks, one and all, for the videos, for those of us who are geographically challenged. I've downloaded them, converted them, and loaded them into my iPad. The videos are awesome, especially on a 60" screen. Now, all I have to do, is find 3 1/2 hours to watch them both.
            >
            > Marv Frankel
            > Los Angeles
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, qconvers@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > I've got one video of Ron giving a talk on wizards up on Youtube. It's just
            > > over 2 hours long.
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DXY1oCprc
            > >

            > > It takes a couple of hours to render these videos, but I should have more
            > > up tomorrow. I'll also make them available for easy download. Maybe
            > > Windows Media Player format?
            > >

            > > Regards Dave Kennedy
            > >

            > > In a message dated 20/04/2013 19:48:33 GMT Daylight Time,
            > > chuckels@ writes:
            > >
            > > thanx Dave,
            > > that's great.
            > > Chuck

          • Ron Ginger
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 25, 2013
              > Posted by:qconvers@... quadconversions
              > Date: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 am ((PDT))
              >
              > Hi Karl,
              >
              > Thanks should go to Ed, he was the man behind the camera.
              >
              > I am re-posting Ron's due to a bad bit of (my)editing. The same bit of
              > footage shown twice, one zoomed on Ron and one not.
              >
              > The CamBam video is uploading as we speak. I don't know the chaps name, but
              > he gives a very warm introduction to CAD CAM and CamBam. I'll repost all
              > the links when they are all uploaded.
              >
              > Regards Dave

              The CamBam session was done by Kirk Benson. I went out before his talk
              to get a PA announcement made, and when I got back to the room he had
              already started so I didn't get a chance to introduce him. I found him
              on the homemodelenginemachinist.com web forum where he is documenting a
              nice locomotive building project.

              ron ginger
            • quadconversions

                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 25, 2013
                  I shot the videos, really weren't sure how well they would come out with the lights turned off in the front of the room. But it was necessary for the group to see the screen. Most of the thanks goes to Dave as the videos were too large for me to handle, 20GB in all, much too large for U-tube. All I did was setup the camera, hit the record button and watch the presentation. Dave spent all the hours editing and making them look good. Guess you would call that team work, like the forums we help each other. I'm sure I'll be asking for help as I get the Bridgeport Boss 5 conversion up and running. I've got a couple of hours free tonight, guess I'll work on wiring the high voltage back panel.
                  Thanks again Dave
                  Ed

                • Daniel
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 6, 2013
                    Hi Brian,

                    I know you're being asked too often, but still I think you mentioned the summer as an estimate for a beta. We're into fall now, is the beta any close? Think in one of your last posts you mentioned you were working on the Mach4 wizards... wouldn't it be possible to release a beta while keeping working on the wizards?

                    Regards,
                    Dan

                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 6, 2013
                        Software development rule #1.
                        Never give a release date.
                        You'll almost never meet the date you set, and a lot of your potential customers will be mad because you didn't meet the date.

                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 6, 2013
                          It was not as much as a release date as a goal :) LOL For the most part I think we have done it but testing this is hard...

                          On 9/6/2013 8:58 AM, CNCWoodworker@... wrote:
                          Software development rule #1.
                          Never give a release date.
                          You'll almost never meet the date you set, and a lot of your potential customers will be mad because you didn't meet the date.

                          I know you're being asked too often, but still I think you mentioned the summer as an estimate for a beta. We're into fall now, is the beta any close? Think in one of your last posts you mentioned you were working on the Mach4 wizards... wouldn't it be possible to release a beta while keeping working on the wizards?

                          Regards,
                          Dan

                        • vmax549

                            I know you're being asked too often, but still I think you mentioned the summer as an estimate for a beta. We're into fall now, is the beta any close? Think in one of your last posts you mentioned you were working on the Mach4 wizards... wouldn't it be possible to release a beta while keeping working on the wizards?

                            Regards,
                            Dan

                          • yosefi83

                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 8, 2013
                                Hello Dan,
                                Turn is going to be after mill.. I have Turn started but the competition date will depend on how much support we need to do on Mill. So I would setup and get Mach3 working on the machine for now. Mach4 will be at a nice price when it first comes out in Beta so you can get a deal if you keep watching the groups :)