Re: [mach1mach2cnc] New Machine - Now running

  • johntech
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
      Dave and all

      Here is a link to the machine I purchased http://tinyurl.com/bku9c9k
      The frame looks to be 1/2" aluminum and the table is extruded. The machine
      looks solid, it was just put together sloppy. All the limit switches will have to be replaced
      as they look like they cost about 10 cents.

      I'm not sure who built it, but I found a lot of things that needed fixed since I purchased it.
      Even the crate it came in was made of 1/4" plywood and 1/8" perforated angle iron screwed
      together with sheet metal screws. It wasn't even strapped down to the crate.
      I have seen others on the list swear this is the best place to buy parts but as far as a whole
      machine, I have my doubts.

      I will comb through the whole machine now that it is actually working and able to "make chips".
      I need to get the spindle motor wired and the motor control for it setup setup. Finish setting up
      Gerry's 2010 Screenset so everything works like my old mill.

      Thanks again for all who offered suggestions to get this machine up and running.

      John Frankforther