Re: [mach1mach2cnc] New Machine - I'm Confused

  • chuck
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
      John,
      try to visualize the tool moving not the table it takes some getting used to especially if you have run a gantry type machine.
      is the tool moving around the part as shown in the toolpath window? if it is than you have no problem other than learning to visualize tool movement instead of table movement.
      Chuck
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
        >Run away from this machine !!!! Once they have your money they won't
        respond to any emails!
        >When I got it there were things broken, falling apart, wired wrong and no
        fuse in the controller.

        But it was 'cheap' right? I was talking with an Indian student from the
        local university the other day and he commented "You guys are the only
        people in the world who will buy cheap Chinese stuff. It does not matter if
        it is junk as long as it is cheap." It smacked me as a rather humorous
        comment at the time but it seems to fit in many cases. (There is a lot of
        good stuff made in China as well but you have to sort through a whole pile
        of cheap copies to find it.)

        Jeff Birt

        Soigeneris.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
          I don't know Jeff Is $2500 cheap? Not to me! Granted it is
          made out of 1/2" aluminum stock not PVC

          So far my $500 PVC hobby mill works better that this new one and it was easy to set up
          because the company was more than helpful getting it running. When I broke one of the
          couplings the owner sent me 3 new ones and told me what to check so it wouldn't break
          again. He even sent me a complete set of 3 upgraded lead screws and backlash nuts FREE.

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
            Chuck
            That is what I'm trying to do. If I Click the REF ALL HOME button, looking strictly at the tool, the Z axis moves up in the positive
            direction on the screen and physically. Both X and Y physically move to the left front of the machine which is 0,0 or HOME. If I refresh the screen
            and then move the X or Y axis any where from homeposition, the screen will show it moving in the opposite direction.

            What I may do is return to the site and see it I can find the correct XML file as they seem to not want to answer my emails.

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
              Beebear,

              I had this with Gecko 540 .xml. The fact that it was the bed that moved
              not the gantry and the X motor was mounted on the left of the machine and
              not the right meant that X and Y moved backwards. You don't need to reassign
              buttons.

              Just go to Config> ports and pins > Motor outputs and change the dir
              lowactive, then your motors will go the other way.

              I have it so the bed comes towards you when it's homed.

              Regards Dave

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
                Sorry I might have got that wrong.

                Have a look at Arts video... http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

                Homing/limits and offsets.

                Regards Dave

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
                  Actually I think you might have to make your soft limits - if they are + .

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
                    Dave

                    I am watching the video now and I think you have found my answer!!!
                    There is a check mark that will REVERSE the movement from the HOME for the X and Y axis's!!!

                    I remember watching this when I got my First mill

                    Thank you for remind me about it!!

                    John Frankforther

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
                      Hi John,

                      That's the one! :0) Yeh, you don't do it every day so you forget.
                      Setting it up from scratch is not hard with a little help from Art's videos.
                      Happy to help.

                      Regards Dave Kennedy

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 23, 2013
                        Dave
                        Now that I have a machine where the table doesn't move I will have to re-watch all the videos again and learn about the offsets
                        and all the other goodies I didn't use on my first mill.

                        Thanks again!!

                        John Frankforther