Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Tapping in Mach need to change dwell time

  • Chris CNC
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 21, 2013
      Well, the 8 seconds is just for me to be quick enough to turn the switch to reverse while machine would wait to resume in retract motion. I would say at this point the threads are made and I am just trying to get out of the hole I just threaded. I am not sure where I am loosing the thread. The calculation of feed and RPM is correct at you see in the program below. I am looking to floathing holder tomorrow see if any I can find will fit my spindle.

      Thanks;

      Chris

      Chris

      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 25, 2013
        What you could do to test your setup is to do dummy tapping

        for example, set up a 6mm threaded bar in the chuck, and a 6mm nut held
        between two springs, vertically.

        When you do a tapping operation, the nut may move initially, axially, but
        then should stay put. You can now determine at which part of the sequence e
        the error is and adjust your code until the nut does not move during the
        tapping operation