Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Tapping in Mach need to change dwell time

  • Chris CNC
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 20, 2013
      Hey Hood:

      I don't have floating holder, where do I get one?. I don't brake the tap but the hole is strip after the tap is done.The units are metric what you think is wrong here?

      This a 4-40 tap on aluminium

      Thanks;

      Chris

      N2 S180 M03
      N3 G1 X0. Y0.
      N4 G0 G43 Z3. H1
      N5 Z0.
      N6 Z3.
      N7 G99 G81 Z-16.906 R3. F55.
      N8 G80
      N9 G0 Z0.
      N10 Z3.
      N11 M05
      N12 T2 M06
      N13 S180 M03
      N14 G0 G43 Z3. H2
      N15 Z0.
      N16 Z3.
      N17 G99 G84 Z-17.005 R3. G4 F2.43 P8
      N18 G80
      N19 G0 Z0.
      N20 Z3.
      N21 M05
      %

      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 25, 2013
        What you could do to test your setup is to do dummy tapping

        for example, set up a 6mm threaded bar in the chuck, and a 6mm nut held
        between two springs, vertically.

        When you do a tapping operation, the nut may move initially, axially, but
        then should stay put. You can now determine at which part of the sequence e
        the error is and adjust your code until the nut does not move during the
        tapping operation