Re: [mach1mach2cnc] I may be a little too new for this group

  • David Hair
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2013
      I have now.

      Thanks
      DH
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Rob Purdy" <kb7wnz@...>
      To: <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 2:16 PM
      Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] I may be a little too new for this group

      > Try the Yahoo DIY-cnc group. What kind of machine? Rob
      > To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      > From: thehairs@...
      > Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:49:35 +0000
      > Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] I may be a little too new for this group

      > I may have joined this group a little too early because I am looking
      > for help or ideas of how to convert my manual bench mill to CNC. Then I
      > will need software to control it. Can anyone point me to a CNC mod group
      > that would help me more to do this conversion. Then I will surely need
      > help learning to control it.
      >

      > Thanks
      >
      > David Hair
      >
      > Dalton, GA

    • tesla_turbine
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 9, 2013
        David,

        I understand the Central Machine 981 is very much like, if not identical to, the Jet 16 mill. If this is correct, I may be able to offer some help. I converted a Jet 16 to CNC a couple of years ago and have been rather happy with the results.

        Before anyone asks, I started with the Jet16 because it was free to me, I inherited it.

        Peter