Re: [mach1mach2cnc] $25 usb breakout board?

  • Lynn Kasdorf
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 3, 2013
      Bob-
      Can you point me to the breakout board you sell?

      At this point, the biggest challenge is to obtain/ fabricate a Z axis
      mechanism. Unless I hear of a really good deal on a complete z axis
      mechanism, my plan is this:
      1. build a z axis slide mechanism out of some parts I have. I plan to
      cannibalize a mil surplus aerial surveillance film positioning stage
      mechanism that has linear bearings and ground shafts. I see on ebay
      decent looking ballscrews and mounts for about $80 that I could
      incorporate into my design.
      2. for a spindle, I see some decent looking water cooled ones (chinese
      no doubt) in the $75-$100 range
      3. I have some old steppers that may do, or I'll just buy one. To drive
      the Z stepper, I'm open to suggestions

      My Dahlgren SE 400 came with something related to the spindle that I
      don't understand. I keep looking at it and thinking that maybe it IS the
      spindle and is a pneumatic motor or something, since it does have an air
      inlet. I think it must be an air solenoid used to raise and lower the
      spindle. I'll post pics later today. Your friend probably knows what it
      is. I'm open to any advice on this project. It looks like a nice robust
      XY platform to start with.

      Thanks-
      Lynn Kasdorf

      On 4/3/2013 11:01 AM, Bob Campbell wrote:

      > Lynn,
      >
      > Please let me know if I can be of any help. I sell breakout boards. My
      > local
      > friend Randy Ray has a lot of experience with retrofitting engravers.
      >
      > Yes, there are a number of low cost breakout boards on the market.
      > Many from
      > China.
      >
      > Bob Campbell

    • cnc sales (hanermo)
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2013
        Does anyone know if there is a howto on connecting Pokeys and MPG to M3 ?

        I am not getting jogging movement, although in Pokeys IO I see the pins
        change state.
        M3 version .035,
        newest Pokeys SW, plugin etc.

        ?
        Is the Pokeys Pulse Engine a necessary component to get MPGs to work for
        jogging ?

        The only way I got any movement was to map in ports and pins:
        Jog X++ port10/1
        Jog X-- port10/2

        This works, but poorly.
        Jogging is not smooth.

        A switch connected to a Pokeys Input works, when mapped to Input1 in
        ports n pins, so the plugin works.

        --
        -hanermo