$25 usb breakout board?

  • Lynn Kasdorf
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 2, 2013
      On ebay, there are usb/parallel breakout boards at a cheap price- < $25
      shipped.
      I wonder if any of you have used these with Mach?

      Do a search for "MACH3 USB 6 Axis Interface Breakout Board Adapter For
      Stepper Motor Driver".

      At the moment, I need to drive 2 IM483 stepper drivers (x & y) and then
      probably a gecko or similar for Z. I am new to cnc and I have an old
      Dahlgren system 400 SE engraver that I am resurrecting. The smart
      electronics box doesn't work, but I believe the 2 stepper drivers may be
      ok as well as the power supply.

      Thanks-
      Lynn Kasdorf

    • cnc sales (hanermo)
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2013
        Does anyone know if there is a howto on connecting Pokeys and MPG to M3 ?

        I am not getting jogging movement, although in Pokeys IO I see the pins
        change state.
        M3 version .035,
        newest Pokeys SW, plugin etc.

        ?
        Is the Pokeys Pulse Engine a necessary component to get MPGs to work for
        jogging ?

        The only way I got any movement was to map in ports and pins:
        Jog X++ port10/1
        Jog X-- port10/2

        This works, but poorly.
        Jogging is not smooth.

        A switch connected to a Pokeys Input works, when mapped to Input1 in
        ports n pins, so the plugin works.

        --
        -hanermo