Re: Updated to Latest Version & now ........ Nothing?

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 2 10:05 AM
      Hey Terry,
      I "thought" it always worked in the past?????
      Maybe I was dreaming that it worked? hehe
      I program everything in SmartCam with FreeForm Mill.
      When I've cut aluminum, I used undersize/re-ground endmills & cuttercomp to machine the part. I program using standard full-size tools and just grab an endmill that's close to size.
      Maybe I'll try an older program & see what happens there?
      Thanks, Tim Bostic

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Parker" <vmax549@...> wrote:

      > HUM, how were you programming it. I use Tool Comp a lot and it has never failed to run yet. NOW it does have BUGGS in the soup but it always runs on simple gcode in "older" versions.
      >
      > Just a thought, (;-) TP
      >
      > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy" <luvindaddy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for the reply Brian.
      > > I wonder if I've always had a problem with it? haha!!!!
      > > I run a lot of solid carbide endmills ..... most are right at full size. I might "freepass" a feature but rarely have to use any comp.
      > > It just so happened that the tool I was working on last night needed a close tolerance feature ..... I needed .0015 cuttercomp to get it too size & just couldn't get it done ....... I finally went and "lied" to my CAD system & re-programmed that finish tool.
      > >
      > > I've been very happy with V3.042.040 and don't like to update unless there's a "feature" or "fix" that I can't live without.
      > >
      > > Like everyone else, I look forward to MACH4 and plan on purchasing it.
      > >
      > > Thanks, Tim Bostic
      > >
      > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Tim,
      > > > Cutter comp is what it is . that is one of the major reasons that we
      > > > moved over to working on an all new version. As much as we would like to
      > > > see it fixed it just can't be done :( . We do know about some feedhold
      > > > issues that we are working on now in Mach3. That is on today's todo list.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Brian

    • cnc sales (hanermo)
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10 1:15 AM
        Does anyone know if there is a howto on connecting Pokeys and MPG to M3 ?

        I am not getting jogging movement, although in Pokeys IO I see the pins
        change state.
        M3 version .035,
        newest Pokeys SW, plugin etc.

        ?
        Is the Pokeys Pulse Engine a necessary component to get MPGs to work for
        jogging ?

        The only way I got any movement was to map in ports and pins:
        Jog X++ port10/1
        Jog X-- port10/2

        This works, but poorly.
        Jogging is not smooth.

        A switch connected to a Pokeys Input works, when mapped to Input1 in
        ports n pins, so the plugin works.

        --
        -hanermo