Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Custom open source MACH3 Pendant

  • Wolgamott M
    Message 1 of 147 , Mar 28, 2013
      For low quantity items I have used thermoforming with good success it may require a slight redesign to make pieces fit together in new ways. Sometime it is very hard to tell the difference between a thermoformed part and other types of mfg. Especially if textured materials are used in the process.
      If this has already been discussed sorry, for butting in.

      M. Wolgamott
      www.cnc-n-signs.com
      Central Lake, MI 49622
      231-350-3958 new number
      or return an e-mail mnwolgamott@...

      ________________________________
      Message 147 of 147 , Mar 28, 2013
        I'm going to kick in here and agree with Terry as I don't want to see
        you take a bath.

        You mentioned $8000 for dies (those are cheap dies). Add in machine
        time, operator time (they don't run themselves), some scrap rate,
        materials (plastic is cheap but not free), electricity (20+KW for a
        small machine)..

        If you do 1000 pieces I see more than $10-12 per case and that is
        probably low.

        Unless you have an injection machine in the garage with a live-in
        operator, I don't see the numbers working..

        Dave