Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: I think I got a problem

  • notoneleft
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 25, 2013
      Remove the .xml file from the Mach3 folder and a new one should be created by Mach3 automatically.

      Gerry

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 25, 2013
        Which one?
        I've got to have 6 or 8 of them in that folder.
        Deleted several, but didn't help.

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, CNCWoodworker@... wrote:

        > Remove the .xml file from the Mach3 folder and a new one should be created by Mach3 automatically.
        >
        > Gerry

      • Inventor
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 25, 2013
          Ok Art,
          The Spinrite6 came up totally Clean!
          Not one bad sector... Not one Restore

          Ran the driver test and it came out as "Excellent".

          Had about 6 or 8 XML files and not sure which ones to
          delete..... deleted a few... but "NO JOY" Crashed again.

          Mach is the only program on this machine that is crashing
          me; all the other I've tried so far work as normal.

          So, What's plan "B"?!?!?

          Grandpa Bill

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

          > Bill:
          >
          > First, try running just the drivertest.exe file. (Im assuming you use a printer port? )
          >
          > If that runs.. then its very likely your hard disk is acting up where mach3 is stored.. or at least is a possibility.
          > If the drivertest crashes you, then something is realy screwd up in the config. Try starting a new configuration with
          > a low kernal speed.

          > www.gearotic.com
        • Ron Ginger
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 26, 2013
            > Had about 6 or 8 XML files and not sure which ones to
            > delete..... deleted a few... but "NO JOY" Crashed again.
            >
            > Mach is the only program on this machine that is crashing
            > me; all the other I've tried so far work as normal.
            >
            > So, What's plan "B"?!?!?
            >
            > Grandpa Bill

            You need to delete only the xml which you are using to start mach. If
            you start it with the loader it asks you to choose an xml. Delete teh
            one you normally choose.

            If you start it from an icon on the desktop the icon is assigned to an
            xml. Right click on the icon, select properties, then look at the box
            labeled target. It will have a -p PROFILENAME. That is the xml you are
            starting. Delete it. When mach starts up if it cant find the requested
            xml it creates a new one.

            ron ginger
          • Dean Angevine, Fox Prints
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 26, 2013
              I'd save all the xml's & then uninstall / reinstall mach, then replace
              the xml's 1 at a time, until you find the correct one, delete the others.
              You may have deleted your customization file (xml) already in which case
              you'll have to set all your ports & pins, preferences & tuning again
              from scratch anyway.

              On 3/25/2013 8:30 PM, Inventor wrote:

              > Ok Art,
              > The Spinrite6 came up totally Clean!
              > Not one bad sector... Not one Restore
              >
              > Ran the driver test and it came out as "Excellent".
              >
              > Had about 6 or 8 XML files and not sure which ones to
              > delete..... deleted a few... but "NO JOY" Crashed again.
              >
              > Mach is the only program on this machine that is crashing
              > me; all the other I've tried so far work as normal.
              >
              > So, What's plan "B"?!?!?
              >
              > Grandpa Bill
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Bill:
              > >
              > > First, try running just the drivertest.exe file. (Im assuming you
              > use a printer port? )
              > >
              > > If that runs.. then its very likely your hard disk is acting up
              > where mach3 is stored.. or at least is a possibility.
              > > If the drivertest crashes you, then something is realy screwd up in
              > the config. Try starting a new configuration with
              > > a low kernal speed.
              > >

              > > Thanks,
              > > Art
              > > www.gearotic.com

            • art2
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 26, 2013
                Bill:

                So its mach then.. so its either an xml or a plugin. Empty the plugins folder. See if that stops it, it may be trying to load a corrupted plugin..

                www.gearotic.com

                Ran the driver test and it came out as "Excellent".

                Had about 6 or 8 XML files and not sure which ones to
                delete..... deleted a few... but "NO JOY" Crashed again.

                Mach is the only program on this machine that is crashing
                me; all the other I've tried so far work as normal.

                So, What's plan "B"?!?!?

                Grandpa Bill

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

                > Bill:
                >
                > First, try running just the drivertest.exe file. (Im assuming you use a printer port? )
                >
                > If that runs.. then its very likely your hard disk is acting up where mach3 is stored.. or at least is a possibility.
                > If the drivertest crashes you, then something is realy screwd up in the config. Try starting a new configuration with
                > a low kernal speed.

                > www.gearotic.com

              • Inventor
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                  Hey Art,

                  I'm out of ideas....

                  Renamed all XML's
                  Renamed the Plugins folder
                  STILL CRASHED!

                  Uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled....
                  Tried to open it and it wanted to load:
                  "Application DataPrivcy.xml"
                  Then it crashed.

                  Now this version is installed on the "F" Drive and
                  it's been there for years without a problem.

                  I took ver. 43xx66 (I think) and went with all the
                  default settings to the "C" drive .... IT CRASHED!

                  I'm thinking that I might have to clean out the registry
                  of anything pointing to Mach.

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

                  > Bill:
                  >
                  > So its mach then.. so its either an xml or a plugin. Empty the
                  plugins folder. See if that stops it, it may be trying to load a
                  corrupted plugin..

                  > www.gearotic.com

                • chuck
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                    Bill,
                    can you do a system restore on your PC back to before you started having issues?
                    Chuck
                    Now this version is installed on the "F" Drive and
                    it's been there for years without a problem.

                    I took ver. 43xx66 (I think) and went with all the
                    default settings to the "C" drive .... IT CRASHED!

                    I'm thinking that I might have to clean out the registry
                    of anything pointing to Mach.

                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, art2 <fenerty@...> wrote:

                    > Bill:
                    >
                    > So its mach then.. so its either an xml or a plugin. Empty the
                    plugins folder. See if that stops it, it may be trying to load a
                    corrupted plugin..

                    > www.gearotic.com

                  • art2
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 3, 2013
                      Bill:

                      There isnt anythin in the registry for Mach3. I purposely made it so the registry is not involved. All I can think of is
                      perhaps your Video Drivers for OpenGL are defective, or something in the system is gone bad. If it were me, Id reload Windows on top
                      of itself, nothing gets lost that way. Id delete the Mach3 folder and reinstall from there. Save the xml you were using just in case all is well,
                      then copy it back in. Also check your video driver to ensure its the latest one, if the OpenGL went bad, then it may explain alot..

                      www.gearotic.com