Re: Mach 4 and Galil plugin

  • tig_140
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 22, 2013
      Thanks Brian,
      I'd like to have the machine running by the show, but I know I'm dreaming. Is it any use to read up on how write screens and other code for Mach 3 or is Mach 4 total different. It my age I don't want to learn something the have to spend time to unlearn and start over.
      Ed

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > We have the Galil plugin working in Mach4 but I think it is only for the
      > ethernet based at this time.
      >
      > You do need to have mach3 licensed to make parts but you can test
      > without getting it licensed.. So I would set it up and get it working.
      > When you are at the point you need to get a license see where we are at
      > and you may be able to get Mach4. We are making progress on Mach4 every
      > day, it is just a monster undertaking :( . We will have Mach4 at the
      > show in PA running on a machine and we will do a talk on Mach4 so you
      > can see how to set it up.. :)
      >

      > Thanks
      > Brian
      >

      > On 3/22/2013 9:38 AM, tig_140 wrote:
      > > Hi new here, retrofitting my Boss 5 Bridgeport to full CNC Servo.
      > > I was able to pick up a Galil 1850 from a member on CNC Zone. And would like to use Mach software. If I understand Galil plugin must be run on a license copy of Mach3, is this correct? If so I have no problem paying for a license, even for hobby use. But would want to upgrade to Mach 4, and don't want to pay again. How soon will Mach 4 be available for use with the Galil plugin? I've got a little time as I've stripped the machine and cleaned it. Purchased most of the hardware, and am just starting to layout the back panels, and mount parts. I'll be at Cabin Fever, looking forward to meeting other members.
      > > Ed

    • cnc sales
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 23, 2013
        +1 on the video.
        Its too far and expensive from Barcelona, although one day I will be there.
        Maybe next year.

        Once You have the video, you can upload it as a torrent, or put it on
        youtube which is readily downloaded.

        --
        -hanermo

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
          I am going to have my family with me this trip.. So we can do a night
          but I am not sure what is going to happen Friday night.. I should be
          there. But with my two kids with me I have no idea what is going to
          happen LOL... Let me check with the big boss.. I think it sounds like a
          good idea..

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
            Yes the tools are all new for making the screens, but if we did good you
            should fine it simpler to make a screen..

            I think you will all like it (or that is what everyone that has seen it
            says)

            On 3/22/2013 10:41 PM, tig_140 wrote:
            > Thanks Brian,
            > I'd like to have the machine running by the show, but I know I'm dreaming. Is it any use to read up on how write screens and other code for Mach 3 or is Mach 4 total different. It my age I don't want to learn something the have to spend time to unlearn and start over.
            > Ed
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker<brianb@...> wrote:
            >> Hello,
            >> We have the Galil plugin working in Mach4 but I think it is only for the
            >> ethernet based at this time.
            >>
            >> You do need to have mach3 licensed to make parts but you can test
            >> without getting it licensed.. So I would set it up and get it working.
            >> When you are at the point you need to get a license see where we are at
            >> and you may be able to get Mach4. We are making progress on Mach4 every
            >> day, it is just a monster undertaking :( . We will have Mach4 at the
            >> show in PA running on a machine and we will do a talk on Mach4 so you
            >> can see how to set it up.. :)
            >>

            >> Thanks
            >> Brian
            >>

            >> On 3/22/2013 9:38 AM, tig_140 wrote:
            >>> Hi new here, retrofitting my Boss 5 Bridgeport to full CNC Servo.
            >>> I was able to pick up a Galil 1850 from a member on CNC Zone. And would like to use Mach software. If I understand Galil plugin must be run on a license copy of Mach3, is this correct? If so I have no problem paying for a license, even for hobby use. But would want to upgrade to Mach 4, and don't want to pay again. How soon will Mach 4 be available for use with the Galil plugin? I've got a little time as I've stripped the machine and cleaned it. Purchased most of the hardware, and am just starting to layout the back panels, and mount parts. I'll be at Cabin Fever, looking forward to meeting other members.
            >>> Ed

          • Chris CNC
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
              Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.

              Chris
              I am going to have my family with me this trip.. So we can do a night
              but I am not sure what is going to happen Friday night.. I should be
              there. But with my two kids with me I have no idea what is going to
              happen LOL... Let me check with the big boss.. I think it sounds like a
              good idea..

              On 3/22/2013 9:52 PM, tig_140 wrote:

              > Brian
              > I'm going to be there and will bring a Sony NEX-VG20 HD video camera.
              > I'll be more then happy to set it up to video. And will have my laptop so I can copy it to a stick for you. Are you staying over Friday night? If so would you want to meet with members for dinner. Hosses is close by and we may be able to get their area off to the side to our selves, if we can get enough people interested. Only problem is they don't serve beer or drinks. There are other places around, if you are interested.
              > Ed Kilburn

            • bennyattwell
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
                i hope your going to let klauss make a great screen designer too.
                i always use his machscreen as its so simple to get what you want in 3.

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
                  He is welcome to make one but for Mach4 we added the screen designer
                  into Mach4 so you could make changes on the fly. The decision to do this
                  was simple to make the user experience better. But I can't see any
                  reason why he couldn't make a screen designer if he wanted..

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
                    Hello Chris,
                    After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                    places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                    on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                    out to do some face to face training :) .

                    On 3/24/2013 12:27 PM, Chris CNC wrote:
                    > Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.
                    >

                    > Chris

                  • Chris CNC
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013
                      Brian:

                      I look forward to that face to face training is a great thing to do with starting with Mach 4. I appreciate your support very much

                      Regards;
                      Chris

                      After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                      places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                      on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                      out to do some face to face training :) .

                      On 3/24/2013 12:27 PM, Chris CNC wrote:
                      > Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.
                      >

                      > Chris

                    • marvfrankel
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 25, 2013
                        Brian,
                        A training session here in California would be awesome, and keep us from feeling like step-children, even if it's held in Northern California. It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly 3,000 miles and then drive to the boondocks. Please keep us posted on your future plans.

                        Thanks,
                        Marv Frankel
                        Los Angeles

                        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Chris,
                        > After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                        > places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                        > on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                        > out to do some face to face training :) .
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        > Brian
                        >
                        > On 3/24/2013 12:27 PM, Chris CNC wrote:
                        > > Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.
                        > >

                        > > Chris

                      • Dave Rothermel
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 25, 2013
                          Come to the boondocks you might not want to leave !!

                          On 3/25/2013 11:18 AM, Dave wrote:

                          > >>It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly 3,000 miles
                          > and then drive to the boondocks
                          >
                          > Huh? You west coasters need to get out more.. ;-)
                          >
                          > L.A. it is not, but York, PA is hardly the boondocks! 1 hour drive
                          > time from Baltimore. 2 hours from Philly.
                          >
                          > >>Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?.
                          >
                          > Wouldn't work. They would have to rename it "Condo, Flat, Mountain
                          > Retreat, or Mountain Escape" Fever.
                          >
                          > Dave
                          >
                          > On 3/25/2013 7:12 AM, marvfrankel wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Brian,
                          > > A training session here in California would be awesome, and keep us
                          > > from feeling like step-children, even if it's held in Northern
                          > > California. It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly
                          > > 3,000 miles and then drive to the boondocks. Please keep us posted on
                          > > your future plans.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > > Marv Frankel
                          > > Los Angeles
                          > >
                          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, Brian Barker <brianb@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Hello Chris,
                          > > > After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in
                          > other
                          > > > places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                          > > > on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need
                          > to get
                          > > > out to do some face to face training :) .
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks
                          > > > Brian

                          > > user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country
                          > > each year!.

                        • Dave
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 25, 2013

                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 25, 2013
                              I also plan on making some video's here at the shop showing the
                              software. So we can have an on line class of sorts..

                              On 3/25/2013 8:12 AM, marvfrankel wrote:
                              > Brian,
                              > A training session here in California would be awesome, and keep us from feeling like step-children, even if it's held in Northern California. It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly 3,000 miles and then drive to the boondocks. Please keep us posted on your future plans.
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              > Marv Frankel
                              > Los Angeles
                              >
                              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker<brianb@...> wrote:
                              >> Hello Chris,
                              >> After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                              >> places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                              >> on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                              >> out to do some face to face training :) .
                              >>
                              >> Thanks
                              >> Brian
                              >>
                              >> On 3/24/2013 12:27 PM, Chris CNC wrote:
                              >>> Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.
                              >>>

                              >>> Chris

                            • klmark
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 25, 2013
                                Hey did I hear a ( So we can have an on lone class ) THAT would be GREAT .

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                                > I also plan on making some video's here at the shop showing the
                                > software. So we can have an on line class of sorts..
                                >
                                > On 3/25/2013 8:12 AM, marvfrankel wrote:
                                > > Brian,
                                > > A training session here in California would be awesome, and keep us from feeling like step-children, even if it's held in Northern California. It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly 3,000 miles and then drive to the boondocks. Please keep us posted on your future plans.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks,
                                > > Marv Frankel
                                > > Los Angeles
                                > >
                                > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker<brianb@> wrote:
                                > >> Hello Chris,
                                > >> After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                                > >> places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                                > >> on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                                > >> out to do some face to face training :) .
                                > >>
                                > >> Thanks
                                > >> Brian

                              • Garry Foster
                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 3, 2013
                                  Repeat after me York is not in the boondocks.

                                  Sent from Garry's iPhone

                                  On Mar 25, 2013, at 8:12 AM, "marvfrankel" <Dcdziner@...> wrote:

                                  > Brian,
                                  > A training session here in California would be awesome, and keep us from feeling like step-children, even if it's held in Northern California. It would be much easier to drive 400 miles, than to fly 3,000 miles and then drive to the boondocks. Please keep us posted on your future plans.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  > Marv Frankel
                                  > Los Angeles
                                  >
                                  > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hello Chris,
                                  > > After Mach4 is out for a little bit I will be doing some shows in other
                                  > > places.. California is a stop that I think I will need to make. More
                                  > > on that as we get closer.. But know that we are thinking we need to get
                                  > > out to do some face to face training :) .
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks
                                  > > Brian
                                  > >
                                  > > On 3/24/2013 12:27 PM, Chris CNC wrote:
                                  > > > Why is this cabin fever never comes out to California?. The most user are here anyway...... It should be different part of the country each year!.
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Chris

                                • marvfrankel
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 3, 2013
                                    Garry,
                                    I know very well where York is, since I lived in Timonium, MD,
                                    just a short ride down the freeway.

                                    Marv Frankel
                                    Los Angeles