Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Suspect parallel port hard ware

  • ptegler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
      on the printer port? break out board? some other I/O?????

      On many of the C break out boards you have a jumper to set the common to GND
      of V+ for it's static response.

      Paul Tegler
      ptegler@...
      www.teglerizer.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2013
        Thanks. I was refering to Printer Port #1 pin 10 direct connection, however I think there is no problem with the port after all, I am getting confused with the diagnostic page (ALT-7) and some interaction of my own wiring. I have isolated all external wiring so that I can uniquely GND and Raise pin 10 it now behaves as other pins do. My confusion is with the Diagnostics screen which on my setup it is different from the one shown in the Mach3 guide book (Mach3Mill_1.84.pdf). My setup is currently running Mach3 ver R3.042.036. I cannot find any detail on any of the blocks that flash off and on when an input is toggled. For instance on my screen there is a series of 24 green blocks (in two rows of 12 each) it bears the title"Ports and pins current state" when I toggle pin 10 one of these blocks now changes but its position in the set of blocks bears no relationship to it being pin 10, like wise for pin 11, 12 and 13. Also when pin 11 or 12 is toggled I get several blocks changing in the field below the 24 pins. In this field below the 24 green pins the blocks are named using titles that mean nothing to me ie EjogY++ or M1++limit or M2home. I cannot find any meanings for these titles in the guide book. Have I some how managed to select the wrong screen, I've been running for about ten years now and never had to refer to the diagnostic screen. I vaguely recollect when I first setup the machine up checking the inputs but I don't recollect any difficulty relating port pin activity with the diagnostic screen.

        Mike