Parallel Port issue

  • Zeke
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      I have been trying to get a D525MW Mini-ITX based computer up and running with Mach but cannot get the parallel port to work. I have Windows 7 Pro(32bit) installed and every thing else seems to work.

      The symptoms:
      parallel port tester has no output
      parallel port monitor shows pins 2-9 as always high
      Mach hardware screen also shows 2-9 as always high
      All input pins are high and never change

      BIOS setting to EPP, Bi-Directional, ECP does not affect anything

      I thought that the parallel port might be bad so I decided to use the Smooth Stepper I was eventually going to use. However, the SS output monitor indicates the same conditions on the output pins.

      I have another machine that I have been using with Windows 7 Ultimate installed and it works fine with PP or SS.

      I am stumped. I haven't tried connecting a printer to the PP to see if it will work yet.

      If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

      Thanks,

      Zeke