Re: Solder Robot conversion to Mach3 and ESS finally finished! (almost)

  • Terry Parker
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
      Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.

      (;-) TP

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Over the weekend I finally  managed to complete the conversion of my
      > Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
      > some test soldering that turned out very well.
      >
      > In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
      > just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
      > detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
      > macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
      >
      > The full write up with pictures can be found here.
      >
      > http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default
      >

      > Cheers,
      >

      > Peter

    • Peter Homann
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi,

        Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
        date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

        I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
        computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
        press the white start button.

        Cheers,

        Peter.

        On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
        > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
        >
        > (;-) TP
        >
        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:
        >>

        >> Hi all,
        >>
        >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
        >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
        >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
        >>
        >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
        >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
        >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
        >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
        >>
        >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
        >>
        >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

        >> Cheers,

        >> Peter

        eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
        Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
        email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
        Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board
      • Zafar Salam
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
          Peter,

          Very nice project and finely executed too. Selecting program with a thumb-wheel is a cool idea. You don't need a keyboard or touch-screen for that.

          Zafar

          ________________________________
          Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
          date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

          I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
          computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
          press the white start button.

          Cheers,

          Peter.

          On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
          > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
          >
          > (;-) TP
          >
          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter wrote:
          >>

          >> Hi all,
          >>
          >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
          >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
          >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
          >>
          >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
          >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
          >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
          >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
          >>
          >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
          >>
          >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

          >> Cheers,

          >> Peter

        • Daniel
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
            Hi Peter,

            This is good news. A nice project. Glad you finally got it finished and thanks for sharing!

            Dan
            www.DYengineering.com