Re: Solder Robot conversion to Mach3 and ESS finally finished! (almost)

  • aeroengraving
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
      Hi Peter, Congrats Buddy! Thanks for sharing you project! Really great job!

      Werner

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
        2nd ! GREAT project

        > Hi Peter, Congrats Buddy! Thanks for sharing you project! Really great
        > job!
        >
        > Werner
        >
        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, Peter wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
        > > Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able
        > to do
        > > some test soldering that turned out very well.
        > >
        > > In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
        > > just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
        > > detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
        > > macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
        > >
        > > The full write up with pictures can be found here.
        > >

        > http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

        > > Cheers,

        > > Peter
      • Terry Parker
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
          Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.

          (;-) TP

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Over the weekend I finally  managed to complete the conversion of my
          > Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
          > some test soldering that turned out very well.
          >
          > In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
          > just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
          > detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
          > macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
          >
          > The full write up with pictures can be found here.
          >
          > http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default
          >

          > Cheers,
          >

          > Peter

        • Peter Homann
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
            Hi,

            Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
            date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

            I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
            computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
            press the white start button.

            Cheers,

            Peter.

            On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
            > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
            >
            > (;-) TP
            >
            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> Hi all,
            >>
            >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
            >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
            >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
            >>
            >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
            >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
            >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
            >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
            >>
            >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
            >>
            >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

            >> Cheers,

            >> Peter

            eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
            Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
            email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
            Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board
          • Zafar Salam
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
              Peter,

              Very nice project and finely executed too. Selecting program with a thumb-wheel is a cool idea. You don't need a keyboard or touch-screen for that.

              Zafar

              ________________________________
              Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
              date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

              I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
              computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
              press the white start button.

              Cheers,

              Peter.

              On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
              > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
              >
              > (;-) TP
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter wrote:
              >>

              >> Hi all,
              >>
              >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
              >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
              >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
              >>
              >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
              >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
              >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
              >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
              >>
              >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
              >>
              >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

              >> Cheers,

              >> Peter

            • Daniel
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
                Hi Peter,

                This is good news. A nice project. Glad you finally got it finished and thanks for sharing!

                Dan
                www.DYengineering.com