Solder Robot conversion to Mach3 and ESS finally finished! (almost)

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
      Hi all,

      Over the weekend I finally  managed to complete the conversion of my
      Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
      some test soldering that turned out very well.

      In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
      just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
      detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
      macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.

      The full write up with pictures can be found here.

      http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

      Cheers,

      Peter
    • aeroengraving
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi Peter, Congrats Buddy! Thanks for sharing you project! Really great job!

        Werner

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
          2nd ! GREAT project

          > Hi Peter, Congrats Buddy! Thanks for sharing you project! Really great
          > job!
          >
          > Werner
          >
          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>, Peter wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
          > > Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able
          > to do
          > > some test soldering that turned out very well.
          > >
          > > In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
          > > just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
          > > detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
          > > macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
          > >
          > > The full write up with pictures can be found here.
          > >

          > http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

          > > Cheers,

          > > Peter
        • Terry Parker
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
            Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.

            (;-) TP

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Over the weekend I finally  managed to complete the conversion of my
            > Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
            > some test soldering that turned out very well.
            >
            > In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
            > just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
            > detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
            > macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
            >
            > The full write up with pictures can be found here.
            >
            > http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default
            >

            > Cheers,
            >

            > Peter

          • Peter Homann
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
              Hi,

              Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
              date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

              I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
              computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
              press the white start button.

              Cheers,

              Peter.

              On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
              > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
              >
              > (;-) TP
              >
              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter <groups@...> wrote:
              >>

              >> Hi all,
              >>
              >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
              >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
              >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
              >>
              >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
              >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
              >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
              >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
              >>
              >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
              >>
              >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

              >> Cheers,

              >> Peter

              eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
              Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
              email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
              Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board
            • Zafar Salam
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
                Peter,

                Very nice project and finely executed too. Selecting program with a thumb-wheel is a cool idea. You don't need a keyboard or touch-screen for that.

                Zafar

                ________________________________
                Thanks guys. All my projects seem to take forever. I was surprised to see the
                date on the pcb I made is 21st December 2011, over 12 months ago.

                I still have a bit more to go. The plan is to turn on the base, turn on the
                computer and be able to select the program from the thumb-wheel switch and
                press the white start button.

                Cheers,

                Peter.

                On 28/02/2013 4:35 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                > Peter, that is great news thanks for sharing it with us.
                >
                > (;-) TP
                >
                > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter wrote:
                >>

                >> Hi all,
                >>
                >> Over the weekend I finally managed to complete the conversion of my
                >> Soldering Robot to Mach3 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. I was able to do
                >> some test soldering that turned out very well.
                >>
                >> In the G-Code I'm using the G82 drill with dwell command. That way I can
                >> just list all the X,Y points fo be soldered. The Macropump in Mach3
                >> detects the dwell and starts the solder cycle. When the cycle ends, the
                >> macropump cancels the dwell and the G82 moves to the next location.
                >>
                >> The full write up with pictures can be found here.
                >>
                >> http://www.homanndesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:cnc-projects&Itemid=55&layout=default

                >> Cheers,

                >> Peter

              • Daniel
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
                  Hi Peter,

                  This is good news. A nice project. Glad you finally got it finished and thanks for sharing!

                  Dan
                  www.DYengineering.com