Re: Custom open source MACH3 and Linux CNC pendant controller

  • dtrobotics
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 25, 2013
      Thanks for those that have answered these questions for me!

      If you go to my website here:

      http://dtrobotics.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

      and watch the Mach 3 unboxing video I do a demo on how to change the .set file.

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "nowitstaken" <ezme@...> wrote:

      > Gerry, I just received the kit to make the pendant. Looks good but I can not find any demo relating to how to change my *.set file. Your included sheet refers to DTRobotics.blog.com and sure enough there is a demod on how to use the Jogit but nothing related to installing the *.set file. I have scanned your site as best I can and found nothing. Can you amplify for me. Also I seem to recollect that you have made the source code available, did I read that correctly, if so please point me to it.
      >

      > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Ger" <CNCWoodworker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Make sure you copy all the M90x macros from \macros\2010 to
      > > \macros\yourprofile.
      > > If that doesn't fix it, email me directly. But that should be the problem.
      > >
      > > Gerry

    • Dave
      Message 147 of 147 , Mar 28, 2013
        I'm going to kick in here and agree with Terry as I don't want to see
        you take a bath.

        You mentioned $8000 for dies (those are cheap dies). Add in machine
        time, operator time (they don't run themselves), some scrap rate,
        materials (plastic is cheap but not free), electricity (20+KW for a
        small machine)..

        If you do 1000 pieces I see more than $10-12 per case and that is
        probably low.

        Unless you have an injection machine in the garage with a live-in
        operator, I don't see the numbers working..

        Dave