RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Losing steps Update

  • Tony Smith
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 19 6:47 PM
      The manual doesn't inspire confidence, but I've seen worse. It would seem
      that's just a USB-Parallel converter in a CNC-convenient form.

      Might have some buffering, interesting they require Mach3 to run an 100mHz -
      that needs a good PC and most people get by with 25kHz or a little bit more.

      Unlike the Smoothstepper etc it still relies on Mach3 to generate the
      pulses, and thus may have timing problems. USB does not guarantee timing -
      the parallel port does. Maybe the driver it installs does something
      'interesting'.

      Tony