Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Mach3 turn mystery ...to me

  • Gaston Gagnon
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi fly_fisher_1953, thank you for your feedback.

      You have me thinking and you are right, I apparently goofed when I created
      the profile for my Taig lathe. Instead of cloning Mach3Turn I must have
      cloned Mach3Mill.

      This mistake resulted in importing a whole lot of macros that are not
      needed with Turn but all the ones in Mach3Turn are present as well. It
      seems the only difference is that M6End in Mill contains the repositioning
      code but M6end in Turn does not.

      I wonder why they were made differently in the first place. Is this a
      security matter? I wish I knew.

      With the modifications I have made, now both Mill and Turn can benefit from
      this repositioning ability.

      Now here is what happens when T0606 is executed: the new tool tip moves to
      the same position where the previous tool tip was and then moves back when
      the macro is executed.

      Does that impair the tool offset functioning thereafter? I do not think so
      but I still have to find out.
      Thanks again,
      Gaston
      --