New Wizard installer

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
      We have a new installer for testing..
      This installer needs to be run as ADMIN if you are installing on
      anything newer then XP... The reason for this is because we are
      installing in the program files directory.
      Other things that have changed are as follows:
      -Radius corners for Rectangular Pockets added
      -Feedrate % added to material table for tweaking Feedrate
      -New Tool selection Dialog
      -Added dot to the Tool path to show where the XYZ zero is for the tool path
      -XYZ triad added to display axis direction
      -Length of engraving added so you can tell if it will fit your part
      -many fixes to the toolpaths on operations
      -Units added to the tool table so can run inch tools on a mm machine and
      mm tools on an inch machine..

      There are more fixes that where done but this is the big ones.. Here is
      where you can get the installer:

      http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/MillWizard_Installer_Version_1.0.1.exe

    • tmday7
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
        :)I was just wondering if i missed the latest wizard update.

        Installed just fine on my XP PC. So far wizards operate and look nice. :)Tried each one and dont see any glitches so far.

        Is there an option for rough passes on the ThreadMill Wizard?

        One thing i did notice in the Tool Table is when you click an empty box to get the drop down menu, my mouse toggles from the double ended horizontal arrow to the vertical arrow as i try to click the drop down for that box.

        Thanks again,
        Troy

        --- Brian Barker wrote:

        > We have a new installer for testing..
        > This installer needs to be run as ADMIN if you are installing on
        > anything newer then XP... The reason for this is because we are
        > installing in the program files directory.
        > Other things that have changed are as follows:
        > -Radius corners for Rectangular Pockets added
        > -Feedrate % added to material table for tweaking Feedrate
        > -New Tool selection Dialog
        > -Added dot to the Tool path to show where the XYZ zero is for the tool path
        > -XYZ triad added to display axis direction
        > -Length of engraving added so you can tell if it will fit your part
        > -many fixes to the toolpaths on operations
        > -Units added to the tool table so can run inch tools on a mm machine and
        > mm tools on an inch machine..
        >
        > There are more fixes that where done but this is the big ones.. Here is
        > where you can get the installer:
        >
        > http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/MillWizard_Installer_Version_1.0.1.exe
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brian

      • Terry Parker
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
          When it installs the icon here on vista it is set to normal window. In Vista that means it will be 1/2 size when it opens and you have to click on maximize to make it full screen.

          You may want to change your installer to make the icon RUN
          "maximized" So it will load full screen.

          DO you want the standard test and critique ?

          (;-) TP

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
            I think we are more into testing at this point.. We don't want to add
            any more to this.. we would like to make this Rev1 that is ready to go
            on the webpage for sale. So if you see an error speak up and we will see
            about fixing it up..

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
              Hello Troy,
              To rough a thread you would run the wizard 2 times. I don't think that
              will be much of an issue for the new wizard!

              On 2/12/2013 12:45 PM, tmday7 wrote:
              > :)I was just wondering if i missed the latest wizard update.
              >
              > Installed just fine on my XP PC. So far wizards operate and look nice. :)Tried each one and dont see any glitches so far.
              >
              > Is there an option for rough passes on the ThreadMill Wizard?
              >
              > One thing i did notice in the Tool Table is when you click an empty box to get the drop down menu, my mouse toggles from the double ended horizontal arrow to the vertical arrow as i try to click the drop down for that box.
              >
              > Thanks again,
              > Troy

            • bennyattwell
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                just a thought (;-)BA

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                  Well that is sort of what I was saying, Terry did have some good ideas
                  and others I think would agree :) . The fact is you are right.. We need
                  to start selling and stop playing with the software. It has been a fun
                  project but I think it is time to let this little bugger out into the
                  world and see what happens.. I think it is good Rev1!

                  On 2/12/2013 2:25 PM, bennyattwell wrote:
                  > i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                  > Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                  > im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                  > just a thought (;-)BA
                  >
                  > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker wrote:
                  >> I think we are more into testing at this point.. We don't want to add
                  >> any more to this.. we would like to make this Rev1 that is ready to go
                  >> on the webpage for sale. So if you see an error speak up and we will see
                  >> about fixing it up..
                  >>
                  >> Thanks
                  >> Brian
                  >>

                  >> On 2/12/2013 1:22 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                  >>> When it installs the icon here on vista it is set to normal window. In Vista that means it will be 1/2 size when it opens and you have to click on maximize to make it full screen.
                  >>>
                  >>> You may want to change your installer to make the icon RUN
                  >>> "maximized" So it will load full screen.
                  >>>
                  >>> DO you want the standard test and critique ?
                  >>>
                  >>> (;-) TP

                • chuck
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                    well Brian than lets get it out there, and as promised I'm in for purchasing ASAP.
                    Chuck

                    Well that is sort of what I was saying, Terry did have some good ideas
                    and others I think would agree :) . The fact is you are right.. We need
                    to start selling and stop playing with the software. It has been a fun
                    project but I think it is time to let this little bugger out into the
                    world and see what happens.. I think it is good Rev1!

                    On 2/12/2013 2:25 PM, bennyattwell wrote:
                    > i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                    > Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                    > im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                    > just a thought (;-)BA
                    >
                    > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker wrote:
                    >> I think we are more into testing at this point.. We don't want to add
                    >> any more to this.. we would like to make this Rev1 that is ready to go
                    >> on the webpage for sale. So if you see an error speak up and we will see
                    >> about fixing it up..
                    >>
                    >> Thanks
                    >> Brian
                    >>

                    >> On 2/12/2013 1:22 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                    >>> When it installs the icon here on vista it is set to normal window. In Vista that means it will be 1/2 size when it opens and you have to click on maximize to make it full screen.
                    >>>
                    >>> You may want to change your installer to make the icon RUN
                    >>> "maximized" So it will load full screen.
                    >>>
                    >>> DO you want the standard test and critique ?
                    >>>
                    >>> (;-) TP

                  • Terry Parker
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                      Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.

                      Have at it, (;-) TP

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                        Terry,
                        I think you need to check it out if you want it to work :). I stuck up
                        for your first round of comments but we are at the point that I would
                        like to get it out into the world making some parts!

                        On 2/12/2013 4:27 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                        > Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.
                        >
                        > Have at it, (;-) TP

                      • bennyattwell
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                          Terry. i wrote that very tongue in cheek which i hoped you would see.
                          it wasnt meant to cause offence!sorry if my British humour doesnt suit all.
                          the list of things you suggested from preliminary testing were agreed with mainly.and lots have been implemented it seems.
                          i was mainly trying to look at it from brians side. let the product out fully, everyone gets to use and test it to death and make suggestions with the actual version that is released. its easy enough then to get a list, redo buggy stuff and hopefully all will be good.
                          i enjoy all the posts on this forum, i read them all as its educational- and i still have loads of room to learn!
                          im really looking forward to 4playing!

                          just a thought BA (tongue in cheek after a few beers in freezing uk)

                          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Parker" wrote:

                          > Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.
                          >
                          > Have at it, (;-) TP
                          >

                          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bennyattwell" wrote:
                          > >
                          > > i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                          > > Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                          > > im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                          > > just a thought (;-)BA
                          > >
                          > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I think we are more into testing at this point.. We don't want to add
                          > > > any more to this.. we would like to make this Rev1 that is ready to go
                          > > > on the webpage for sale. So if you see an error speak up and we will see
                          > > > about fixing it up..
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks
                          > > > Brian

                        • Terry Parker
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                            HIYA Brian Not a problem you want to tear up parts break tools and make people mad ?? Some of your G CODE is incorrect, actually backwards to what it suppose to be. Your corner radiuses in some example don't make sense. Can't cut an inside .250" radius with a .250 diam tool(.125 radius)?? Thread milling is not correct in all instances????

                            I don't really care about the nuances of barely being able to read the tool selections and such but you should at least get the G code correct.

                            I "test" EVERY THING, EVERY WAY possible not just skim across the top of the page and say that looks cool.

                            (;-) TP

                            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker wrote:

                            > Terry,
                            > I think you need to check it out if you want it to work :). I stuck up
                            > for your first round of comments but we are at the point that I would
                            > like to get it out into the world making some parts!
                            >
                            > Thanks
                            > Brian
                            >

                            > On 2/12/2013 4:27 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                            > > Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.
                            > >
                            > > Have at it, (;-) TP

                          • Terry Parker
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                              HIYA Benny not a problem with the "Ideas" list that is just free info from almost 40 years of working in this trade. ALSO most of that is subjective to the users but a BIG problem with putting out BAD GCODE that could ruin parts tooling and tempers .

                              (;-) TP

                              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bennyattwell" wrote:

                              > Terry. i wrote that very tongue in cheek which i hoped you would see.
                              > it wasnt meant to cause offence!sorry if my British humour doesnt suit all.
                              > the list of things you suggested from preliminary testing were agreed with mainly.and lots have been implemented it seems.
                              > i was mainly trying to look at it from brians side. let the product out fully, everyone gets to use and test it to death and make suggestions with the actual version that is released. its easy enough then to get a list, redo buggy stuff and hopefully all will be good.
                              > i enjoy all the posts on this forum, i read them all as its educational- and i still have loads of room to learn!
                              > im really looking forward to 4playing!
                              >
                              > just a thought BA (tongue in cheek after a few beers in freezing uk)
                              >
                              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Parker" wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.
                              > >
                              > > Have at it, (;-) TP
                              > >

                              > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bennyattwell" wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                              > > > Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                              > > > im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                              > > > just a thought (;-)BA

                            • Terry Parker
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                                HIYA Benny not a problem with the "Ideas" list that is just free info from almost 40 years of working in this trade. ALSO most of that is subjective to the users but a BIG problem with putting out BAD GCODE that could ruin parts tooling and tempers .

                                (;-) TP

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bennyattwell" wrote:

                                > Terry. i wrote that very tongue in cheek which i hoped you would see.
                                > it wasnt meant to cause offence!sorry if my British humour doesnt suit all.
                                > the list of things you suggested from preliminary testing were agreed with mainly.and lots have been implemented it seems.
                                > i was mainly trying to look at it from brians side. let the product out fully, everyone gets to use and test it to death and make suggestions with the actual version that is released. its easy enough then to get a list, redo buggy stuff and hopefully all will be good.
                                > i enjoy all the posts on this forum, i read them all as its educational- and i still have loads of room to learn!
                                > im really looking forward to 4playing!
                                >
                                > just a thought BA (tongue in cheek after a few beers in freezing uk)
                                >
                                > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Parker" wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Benny you have your wish I can surely NOT volunteer to test a single more line of generated code. You want buggy software ?? Have at it. It still not correct in many ways.
                                > >
                                > > Have at it, (;-) TP
                                > >

                                > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "bennyattwell" wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > i think what brian would like to say would be shut up TP and let us sell some to get some development money back so we can work on mach4 quicker!
                                > > > Brian cant say that because he has to be diplomatic (i dont!)
                                > > > im sure any mods and bugs will show and be sorted for next revision and an easy install for those who wish to purchase the wizard set
                                > > > just a thought (;-)BA

                              • David Maher
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                                  I am sure you are sick of making changes / alterations to Mach4 Brian,
                                  but that being said, here are a few of my private annoyances with mach3.

                                  "Velocity steps per" should be "Velocity Steps per unit"

                                  Reconfiguration Estop even if you haven't changed anything and click
                                  cancel when in ports and pins?

                                  Why does Mach3 let you use an invalid input port? Ie 14 when this is an
                                  output pin

                                  Cheers

                                  Dave

                                  <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Brian Barker wrote:
                                  >> I think we are more into testing at this point.. We don't want to add
                                  >> any more to this.. we would like to make this Rev1 that is ready to
                                  go
                                  >> on the webpage for sale. So if you see an error speak up and we will
                                  see
                                  >> about fixing it up..
                                  >>
                                  >> Thanks
                                  >> Brian
                                  >>

                                  >> On 2/12/2013 1:22 PM, Terry Parker wrote:
                                  >>> When it installs the icon here on vista it is set to normal window.
                                  In Vista that means it will be 1/2 size when it opens and you have to
                                  click on maximize to make it full screen.

                                  >>> You may want to change your installer to make the icon RUN
                                  >>> "maximized" So it will load full screen.
                                  >>>
                                  >>> DO you want the standard test and critique ?
                                  >>>
                                  >>> (;-) TP

                                • Mike
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                                    Hi Brian,
                                    New Wizards loaded without issue.
                                    First job - rectangular pocket 50mm x 25mm with 5mm radius corners using
                                    an 8mm diameter tool. When I click OK I get the message " Corner radius
                                    must be larger than tool diameter" and I cannot continue. Surely I
                                    should be able to get a 4mm radius tool round a 5mm radius corner?
                                    If I change the corner radius to 10mm I get an even stranger message "
                                    Corner radius plus tool diameter must be smaller than half the width". I
                                    don't understand what it is trying to tell me.
                                    The only way I could get any output was to make the corner radius the
                                    same as the tool diameter!
                                    I am sorry but this was all I had time to test at the moment.
                                    Cheers,
                                    Mike

                                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker wrote:

                                    > We have a new installer for testing..
                                    > This installer needs to be run as ADMIN if you are installing on
                                    > anything newer then XP... The reason for this is because we are
                                    > installing in the program files directory.
                                    > Other things that have changed are as follows:
                                    > -Radius corners for Rectangular Pockets added
                                    > -Feedrate % added to material table for tweaking Feedrate
                                    > -New Tool selection Dialog
                                    > -Added dot to the Tool path to show where the XYZ zero is for the tool
                                    path
                                    > -XYZ triad added to display axis direction
                                    > -Length of engraving added so you can tell if it will fit your part
                                    > -many fixes to the toolpaths on operations
                                    > -Units added to the tool table so can run inch tools on a mm machine
                                    and
                                    > mm tools on an inch machine..
                                    >
                                    > There are more fixes that where done but this is the big ones.. Here
                                    is
                                    > where you can get the installer:

                                    http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/MillWizard_Installer_Version_1.0.1.\
                                    exe

                                    > Thanks
                                    > Brian

                                  • art2
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 12, 2013
                                      Dave:

                                      >>Why does Mach3 let you use an invalid input port? Ie 14 when this is an
                                      output pin

                                      That one is my doing. :) . The port or pin numbers are not limited because in fact the printer port driver could access any port on
                                      a computer, not just printer ports, so it can be configured to do some weird stuff hardware wise. Also, the port numbers can be used
                                      in plugins, which can for example, take a setting of port#10 as a special function and then identify a signal set to pin 23 as a signal
                                      that that pin can be then used by the plugin to emulate anything it wishes. Various plugins use weird port numbers for functions not
                                      normally used. I suspect Mach4 way limit such things as its Plugin interface is much more advanced and able to hook directly
                                      into mach4's core so it doesnt need to obfuscate quite so much. :)

                                      www.gearotic.com

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 13, 2013
                                        I think everyone on your list is taken care of :) Mach4 ONLY allows you
                                        to pick real IO that has been registered by the plugin... So I think you
                                        will find that to be very simple and clean...

                                        On 2/12/2013 5:55 PM, David Maher wrote:
                                        > I am sure you are sick of making changes / alterations to Mach4 Brian,
                                        > but that being said, here are a few of my private annoyances with mach3.
                                        >

                                        > "Velocity steps per" should be "Velocity Steps per unit"
                                        >
                                        > Reconfiguration Estop even if you haven't changed anything and click
                                        > cancel when in ports and pins?
                                        >
                                        > Why does Mach3 let you use an invalid input port? Ie 14 when this is an
                                        > output pin
                                        >

                                        > Cheers
                                        >
                                        > Dave

                                      • Ron Ginger
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 13, 2013
                                          > Posted by: "Mike"mike.francies@... mikefrancies
                                          > Date: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 pm ((PST))
                                          >
                                          > Hi Brian,
                                          > New Wizards loaded without issue.
                                          > First job - rectangular pocket 50mm x 25mm with 5mm radius corners using
                                          > an 8mm diameter tool. When I click OK I get the message " Corner radius
                                          > must be larger than tool diameter" and I cannot continue. Surely I
                                          > should be able to get a 4mm radius tool round a 5mm radius corner?

                                          Right, I should check against tool radius not diameter. Ill fix that.

                                          > If I change the corner radius to 10mm I get an even stranger message "
                                          > Corner radius plus tool diameter must be smaller than half the width". I
                                          > don't understand what it is trying to tell me.

                                          Again the check should be against tool radius, but it cannot allow the
                                          actual radius cut to exceed half the width of the slot, or the circle
                                          degenerates into a point at the end. Ill see if I can come up with a
                                          better message.

                                          > The only way I could get any output was to make the corner radius the
                                          > same as the tool diameter!
                                          > I am sorry but this was all I had time to test at the moment.
                                          > Cheers,
                                          > Mike

                                          Thanks for the feedback.

                                          ron ginger