Spindle issue

  • slowbowls
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi, I've got an issue with my spindle that I think is software related.
      I run a prog with M3 Sxxxx command spindle works fine but if i need to feed hold and then stop the prog, the spindle does not turn on when I run the prog again. It's like Mach has ignored the m3 command. I've found a work around by starting the spindle with f5 before running the program. Today when it happened I tried MDI mode with m3 and got an error code: Scripter compile error.in:m3.mis. Also if I close Mach and then restart this clears the problem. Any help would be much appreciated

      Regards

      Dale
    • Jeffrey Birt
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
        Think about what Mach3 is doing as it goes through your GCode:

        G0 X1Y1

        M3 S1200

        G1 X2Y2

        G1 X3Y0

        G1 X5Y5 <------ This is where you hit feed hold

        G0 X1Y1

        SO when Mach3 saw the M3 Sxxxx command it turned on the spindle. You then go
        on for several more blocks and you hit Feedhold and then STOP. When you hit
        start Mach only runs the program from the line on which it was stopped. It
        has no idea that there was an M3 20 lines above that point.

        Once your hit 'STOP' you have to use 'Run From Here' to get going again.
        With 'Run from Here' Mach will parse from the beginning of the file to where
        you are now to make sure everything is set right. In general stopping a
        program in the middle will cause problems unless you are careful with how
        you do things. It is best avoided unless you understand the consequences as
        it can lead to the machine doing things you do not expect.

        Jeff Birt

        Soigeneirs.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
          Hi Jeff,

          I forgot to mention I was rewinding the prog and starting from the beginning where mach was re reading the m3 command again.

          Regards

          Dale
        • Jeffrey Birt
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
            First you said:

            "I run a prog with M3 Sxxxx command spindle works fine but if i need to feed
            hold and then stop the prog, the spindle does not turn on when I run the
            prog again."

            Now you are saying you're running the program from the beginning. I'm not
            sure exactly what buttons your hitting as your giving two contradictory
            explanations. If you are hitting 'STOP' and then 'Rewind' the program and
            then hitting 'START' Mach will run the program from the first line. If you
            are rewinding and then hitting 'Run from here' it may act differently. I
            would like to help you but I'm not sure exactly what you are doing (for
            example if your program is running then typing anything in the MDI line
            won't work.)

            The next time you have this problem please take notes as to which buttons
            your pushing and what happens. That way somebody can have a better idea what
            is happening.

            Jeff Birt

            Soigeneris.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
              Hi Jeff,

              I'll start again

              1 run prog ( spindle run ok )

              2 feedhold

              3 stop

              4 rewind

              5 run prog ( does not turn spindle on )

              6 I then stopped the prog and reset, went to MDI tab to test Mach m3 command which gave scripter compile in mis.

              Regards

              Dale
            • Hood
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                That was a problem with earlier Rev of Mach, have you tried updating to the latest?
                Hood

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "slowbowls" <macphisto@...> wrote:

                > Hi Jeff,
                >
                > I'll start again
                >
                > 1 run prog ( spindle run ok )
                >
                > 2 feedhold
                >
                > 3 stop
                >
                > 4 rewind
                >
                > 5 run prog ( does not turn spindle on )
                >
                > 6 I then stopped the prog and reset, went to MDI tab to test Mach m3 command which gave scripter compile in mis.
                >
                > Regards
                >
                > Dale

              • slowbowls
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                  Hi hood,

                  I'm running version Mach3 R3.043.049 I see the lastest version is R3.043.066

                  Do you know what version had this issue?

                  regards

                  Dale
                • chuck
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                    Dale,
                    if your ver is having the issue than I would guess its one of the problem versions.
                    try updating and see.
                    rename the mach folder to something else before you do incase you want to get back to it.

                    Chuck

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                      Dont know the exact version, in fact I think there were a few. Maybe the changelog will say but probably best to just update regardless.
                      Hood

                      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "slowbowls" <macphisto@...> wrote:

                      > Hi hood,
                      >
                      > I'm running version Mach3 R3.043.049 I see the lastest version is R3.043.066
                      >
                      > Do you know what version had this issue?
                      >
                      > regards
                      >
                      > Dale

                    • slowbowls
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                        Hi,

                        Ok I'll update to the latest version. Thanks for everybody help much appreciated

                        Regards

                        Dale