Re: [mach1mach2cnc] need a way to print out the tool table if possible

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
      Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
      provided in the code editor.
      When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
      to be installed.

      Richard

      On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:

      > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
      > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
      > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
      > wonder if other things are missing
      > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
      > a file and know what file to read from
      >
      > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
      >
      > thanks for what you did send me
      >
      > On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Stan,
      > >
      > > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
      > > question
      > > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
      > > with the
      > > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
      > >
      > > '*****************************************
      > >
      > > Option Explicit
      > >
      > > Dim Response As Integer
      > >
      > > Dim Path As String
      > >
      > > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
      > >
      > > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
      > >
      > > Dim ToolLength As Double
      > >
      > > Dim ToolDescription As String
      > >
      > > Dim i As Integer
      > >
      > > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
      > >
      > > Open Path For Output As #1
      > >
      > > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
      > >
      > > Print #1, ""
      > >
      > > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
      > >
      > > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
      > >
      > > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
      > >
      > > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
      > >
      > > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
      > >
      > > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
      > > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
      > >
      > > Next
      > >
      > > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
      > >
      > > Close #1
      > >
      > > '****************************************
      > >
      > > Hope it does what you need.
      > >
      > > /Henrik.
      > >
      > > _____

    • Stan
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
        I have been working on the code and trying to make it work with chipmunk
        basic, but it looks to not be the right basic as the syntax looks wrong
        for chipmunk basic.

        I am ether reading manual wrong or CB does not mean chipmunk basic

        if you can help clear this up it would be great

        will start writing a PB as in power basic version based on your code

        any help or pointers would be great

        thanks

        On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:

        > Hi Stan,
        >
        > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
        > question
        > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
        > with the
        > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
        >
        > '*****************************************
        >
        > Option Explicit
        >
        > Dim Response As Integer
        >
        > Dim Path As String
        >
        > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
        >
        > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
        >
        > Dim ToolLength As Double
        >
        > Dim ToolDescription As String
        >
        > Dim i As Integer
        >
        > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
        >
        > Open Path For Output As #1
        >
        > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
        >
        > Print #1, ""
        >
        > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
        >
        > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
        >
        > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
        >
        > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
        >
        > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
        >
        > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
        > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
        >
        > Next
        >
        > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
        >
        > Close #1
        >
        > '****************************************
        >
        > Hope it does what you need.
        >
        > /Henrik.
        >
        > _____

      • Stan
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
          ok, very cool
          thanks for clearing that up

          so what does CB stand for? did not know Mach had something called CB.

          On 11/3/2012 9:26 PM, Richard wrote:

          > Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
          > provided in the code editor.
          > When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
          > to be installed.
          >
          > Richard
          >
          > On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
          > > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
          > > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
          > > wonder if other things are missing
          > > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
          > > a file and know what file to read from
          > >
          > > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
          > >
          > > thanks for what you did send me
          > >
          > > On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi Stan,
          > > >
          > > > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
          > > > question
          > > > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
          > > > with the
          > > > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
          > > >
          > > > '*****************************************
          > > >
          > > > Option Explicit
          > > >
          > > > Dim Response As Integer
          > > >
          > > > Dim Path As String
          > > >
          > > > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
          > > >
          > > > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
          > > >
          > > > Dim ToolLength As Double
          > > >
          > > > Dim ToolDescription As String
          > > >
          > > > Dim i As Integer
          > > >
          > > > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
          > > >
          > > > Open Path For Output As #1
          > > >
          > > > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
          > > >
          > > > Print #1, ""
          > > >
          > > > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
          > > >
          > > > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
          > > >
          > > > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
          > > >
          > > > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
          > > >
          > > > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
          > > >
          > > > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
          > > > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
          > > >
          > > > Next
          > > >
          > > > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " &
          > Path, 0)
          > > >
          > > > Close #1
          > > >
          > > > '****************************************
          > > >
          > > > Hope it does what you need.
          > > >
          > > > /Henrik.
          > > >
          > > > _____

        • morerust
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
            CB refers to Cypress Basic, the scripting language built
            into Mach 3. The reference manual is available here:

            http://www.machsupport.com/docs/VBScript_Commands.pdf

            Regards,
            Steve Stallings
            www.PMDX.com

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Stan <StanMc@...> wrote:

            > ok, very cool
            > thanks for clearing that up
            >
            > so what does CB stand for? did not know Mach had something called CB.
            >

            > On 11/3/2012 9:26 PM, Richard wrote:
            > >
            > > Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
            > > provided in the code editor.
            > > When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
            > > to be installed.
            > >
            > > Richard
            > >
            > > On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
            > > > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
            > > > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
            > > > wonder if other things are missing
            > > > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
            > > > a file and know what file to read from
            > > >
            > > > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
            > > >
            > > > thanks for what you did send me

            > > Path, 0)

          • Stan
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
              just noticed one small problem, the code is for mill, I need to print
              out the lathe tool table

              can anyone help with that, I can rewrite the code if I know what to look
              for in the file and what order things are stored in

              any help would be great

            • Henrik Olsson
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 4, 2012
                Hi Stan,

                All you need to do is take a look at the Macro Programmers reference manual
                available for download at the machsupport webiste. With that and the Cypress
                Basic command reference you have all the documentation needed. As you can
                see in the original code the function used to get the tool data is
                GetToolParam() - if you look that up in the Macro programmers reference
                manual it'll show you everything you need to know.

                /Henrik.

                _____

                just noticed one small problem, the code is for mill, I need to print
                out the lathe tool table

                can anyone help with that, I can rewrite the code if I know what to look
                for in the file and what order things are stored in

                any help would be great

              • Andy Wander
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 4, 2012
                  CB is the Cypress Basic that is included in Mach3.

                  Andy Wander

                  _____