back at it :)

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
      Well things here have come back to normal (whatever that is). Please jog
      my memory of anything that you needed me to work on... I am about to
      start on some more Mach4 work but I think there was something that I
      needed to look at ... ESS and homing or something like that..

      The Strom sort of mess us up a little bit but for the most part it was
      not to bad.. As for anyone on NY and NJ best I wish you the best.. Snow,
      we can take that!

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
        Nice :) thanks!

        Andy Wander wrote:
        > Brian:
        >
        > Did you see my video of the Halloween Machine?
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPOHF2g3vLo
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPOHF2g3vLo&feature=plcp> &feature=plcp
        >

        > Andy Wander
        >

        > _____

      • Andy Wander

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
            Using While IsMoving() in a homing script is stopping the script with an
            ESS.

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
              Hello,
              I tested it here on the USBand Ethernet version and the only thing that
              I can see is that it will not home more then one axis at a time. Is that
              what you are seeing? But homing at fast speed then slow seems to work in
              the script that I am testing . The Refcombination() function is not
              working at all :( That is a product of the plugin..

              Ger wrote:
              > Using While IsMoving() in a homing script is stopping the script with an
              > ESS.

            • Ger
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
                Yes, I believe so. It's not my machine, but that's basically what I was
                told. It apparently worked fine in previous versions.

                Gerry

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
                  Hmm.... I will think about it for a bit.. I need a good place to start
                  looking :(

                  I will get out the big stick and see what I can get to fall out :)

                  Ger wrote:
                  > Yes, I believe so. It's not my machine, but that's basically what I was
                  > told. It apparently worked fine in previous versions.
                  >
                  > Gerry

                • nc_karl
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                    I'd say it's time to get the old skidder out and make sure there is enough wood stored up for the winter.

                    Karl

                    > Well things here have come back to normal (whatever that is). Please jog
                    > my memory of anything that you needed me to work on... I am about to
                    > start on some more Mach4 work but I think there was something that I
                    > needed to look at ... ESS and homing or something like that..
                    >

                    > The Strom sort of mess us up a little bit but for the most part it was
                    > not to bad.. As for anyone on NY and NJ best I wish you the best.. Snow,
                    > we can take that!
                    >

                    > Thanks
                    > Brian

                  • Terry Parker
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
                      HI BRIAN, I have an EASY one for ya to do. We need to be able to get the values from the Estimate DRO , OemDro(14) . I know it is special but can you FIX IT it so we can retreive the values.

                      (;-) TP

                      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                      > Hmm.... I will think about it for a bit.. I need a good place to start
                      > looking :(
                      >
                      > I will get out the big stick and see what I can get to fall out :)
                      >

                      > Thanks
                      > Brian
                      >

                      > Ger wrote:
                      > > Yes, I believe so. It's not my machine, but that's basically what I was
                      > > told. It apparently worked fine in previous versions.
                      > >
                      > > Gerry

                    • Stan
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 1, 2012
                        I would like to print out the tool table, or be able to put it into a
                        text file, delimited format if possible.

                        want to move the tool info to a different controller

                        any help would be great
                      • Henrik Olsson
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 2, 2012
                          Hi Stan,

                          Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same question
                          a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw with the
                          formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.

                          '*****************************************

                          Option Explicit

                          Dim Response As Integer

                          Dim Path As String

                          Dim ToolNumber As Integer

                          Dim ToolDiameter As Double

                          Dim ToolLength As Double

                          Dim ToolDescription As String

                          Dim i As Integer

                          Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"

                          Open Path For Output As #1

                          Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)

                          Print #1, ""

                          Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &

                          For ToolNumber = 1 To 250

                          ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)

                          ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)

                          ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)

                          Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                          Chr(9) & ToolDescription

                          Next

                          Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)

                          Close #1

                          '****************************************

                          Hope it does what you need.

                          /Henrik.

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 2, 2012
                            Hi Karl,
                            Did that last winter.. then I broke a line on it this summer and have
                            not had anytime to work on it :( . Sad I have not had the time to do
                            what I enjoy.. Mach4 has been taking every moment of my free time, But
                            with motors moving and so on it is getting to fun to stop!

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 2, 2012
                              We will see.. what format.. number of sec?

                              Terry Parker wrote:
                              > HI BRIAN, I have an EASY one for ya to do. We need to be able to get the values from the Estimate DRO , OemDro(14) . I know it is special but can you FIX IT it so we can retreive the values.
                              >
                              > (;-) TP

                            • Terry Parker
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 2, 2012
                                I can work with it any way you can get it out.

                                (;-)tp

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

                                > We will see.. what format.. number of sec?
                                >
                                > Terry Parker wrote:
                                > > HI BRIAN, I have an EASY one for ya to do. We need to be able to get the values from the Estimate DRO , OemDro(14) . I know it is special but can you FIX IT it so we can retreive the values.
                                > >
                                > > (;-) TP

                              • Stan
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 2, 2012
                                  cool
                                  Henrik, thanks for the code, I have done work with VB, VB.Net, Real
                                  basic and power basic.
                                  this chipmunk basic is a new one on me, will have to learn it

                                  thanks again your really helping me out of a jam, if I can get it working.

                                  should not be a problem

                                  On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:

                                  > Hi Stan,
                                  >
                                  > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
                                  > question
                                  > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
                                  > with the
                                  > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
                                  >
                                  > '*****************************************
                                  >
                                  > Option Explicit
                                  >
                                  > Dim Response As Integer
                                  >
                                  > Dim Path As String
                                  >
                                  > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
                                  >
                                  > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
                                  >
                                  > Dim ToolLength As Double
                                  >
                                  > Dim ToolDescription As String
                                  >
                                  > Dim i As Integer
                                  >
                                  > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
                                  >
                                  > Open Path For Output As #1
                                  >
                                  > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
                                  >
                                  > Print #1, ""
                                  >
                                  > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
                                  >
                                  > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
                                  >
                                  > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
                                  >
                                  > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
                                  >
                                  > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
                                  >
                                  > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                                  > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
                                  >
                                  > Next
                                  >
                                  > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
                                  >
                                  > Close #1
                                  >
                                  > '****************************************
                                  >
                                  > Hope it does what you need.
                                  >
                                  > /Henrik.
                                  >
                                  > _____

                                • Stan
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                    Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
                                    It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
                                    I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
                                    wonder if other things are missing
                                    it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
                                    a file and know what file to read from

                                    if you have the complete code that would be of great help

                                    thanks for what you did send me

                                    On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:

                                    > Hi Stan,
                                    >
                                    > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
                                    > question
                                    > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
                                    > with the
                                    > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
                                    >
                                    > '*****************************************
                                    >
                                    > Option Explicit
                                    >
                                    > Dim Response As Integer
                                    >
                                    > Dim Path As String
                                    >
                                    > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
                                    >
                                    > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
                                    >
                                    > Dim ToolLength As Double
                                    >
                                    > Dim ToolDescription As String
                                    >
                                    > Dim i As Integer
                                    >
                                    > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
                                    >
                                    > Open Path For Output As #1
                                    >
                                    > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
                                    >
                                    > Print #1, ""
                                    >
                                    > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
                                    >
                                    > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
                                    >
                                    > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
                                    >
                                    > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
                                    >
                                    > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
                                    >
                                    > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                                    > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
                                    >
                                    > Next
                                    >
                                    > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
                                    >
                                    > Close #1
                                    >
                                    > '****************************************
                                    >
                                    > Hope it does what you need.
                                    >
                                    > /Henrik.
                                    >
                                    > _____

                                  • Richard
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                      Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
                                      provided in the code editor.
                                      When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
                                      to be installed.

                                      Richard

                                      On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:

                                      > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
                                      > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
                                      > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
                                      > wonder if other things are missing
                                      > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
                                      > a file and know what file to read from
                                      >
                                      > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
                                      >
                                      > thanks for what you did send me
                                      >
                                      > On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Hi Stan,
                                      > >
                                      > > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
                                      > > question
                                      > > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
                                      > > with the
                                      > > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
                                      > >
                                      > > '*****************************************
                                      > >
                                      > > Option Explicit
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim Response As Integer
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim Path As String
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim ToolLength As Double
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim ToolDescription As String
                                      > >
                                      > > Dim i As Integer
                                      > >
                                      > > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
                                      > >
                                      > > Open Path For Output As #1
                                      > >
                                      > > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
                                      > >
                                      > > Print #1, ""
                                      > >
                                      > > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
                                      > >
                                      > > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
                                      > >
                                      > > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
                                      > >
                                      > > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
                                      > >
                                      > > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
                                      > >
                                      > > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                                      > > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
                                      > >
                                      > > Next
                                      > >
                                      > > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
                                      > >
                                      > > Close #1
                                      > >
                                      > > '****************************************
                                      > >
                                      > > Hope it does what you need.
                                      > >
                                      > > /Henrik.
                                      > >
                                      > > _____

                                    • Stan
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                        I have been working on the code and trying to make it work with chipmunk
                                        basic, but it looks to not be the right basic as the syntax looks wrong
                                        for chipmunk basic.

                                        I am ether reading manual wrong or CB does not mean chipmunk basic

                                        if you can help clear this up it would be great

                                        will start writing a PB as in power basic version based on your code

                                        any help or pointers would be great

                                        thanks

                                        On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:

                                        > Hi Stan,
                                        >
                                        > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
                                        > question
                                        > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
                                        > with the
                                        > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
                                        >
                                        > '*****************************************
                                        >
                                        > Option Explicit
                                        >
                                        > Dim Response As Integer
                                        >
                                        > Dim Path As String
                                        >
                                        > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
                                        >
                                        > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
                                        >
                                        > Dim ToolLength As Double
                                        >
                                        > Dim ToolDescription As String
                                        >
                                        > Dim i As Integer
                                        >
                                        > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
                                        >
                                        > Open Path For Output As #1
                                        >
                                        > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
                                        >
                                        > Print #1, ""
                                        >
                                        > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
                                        >
                                        > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
                                        >
                                        > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
                                        >
                                        > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
                                        >
                                        > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
                                        >
                                        > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                                        > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
                                        >
                                        > Next
                                        >
                                        > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " & Path, 0)
                                        >
                                        > Close #1
                                        >
                                        > '****************************************
                                        >
                                        > Hope it does what you need.
                                        >
                                        > /Henrik.
                                        >
                                        > _____

                                      • Stan
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                          ok, very cool
                                          thanks for clearing that up

                                          so what does CB stand for? did not know Mach had something called CB.

                                          On 11/3/2012 9:26 PM, Richard wrote:

                                          > Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
                                          > provided in the code editor.
                                          > When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
                                          > to be installed.
                                          >
                                          > Richard
                                          >
                                          > On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
                                          > > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
                                          > > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
                                          > > wonder if other things are missing
                                          > > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
                                          > > a file and know what file to read from
                                          > >
                                          > > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
                                          > >
                                          > > thanks for what you did send me
                                          > >
                                          > > On 11/2/2012 2:14 AM, Henrik Olsson wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Hi Stan,
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Here's some CB code I wrote for someone else asking the exact same
                                          > > > question
                                          > > > a while back. Please note that Yahoo or the email client may screw
                                          > > > with the
                                          > > > formatting so you may need to tidy it up a bit.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > '*****************************************
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Option Explicit
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim Response As Integer
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim Path As String
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim ToolNumber As Integer
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim ToolDiameter As Double
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim ToolLength As Double
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim ToolDescription As String
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Dim i As Integer
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Path = GetMainFolder & "myTools.txt"
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Open Path For Output As #1
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Print #1, "Mach3 Tooltable printout" & Date() & " " & Time(Now)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Print #1, ""
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Print #1, "Tool:" & Chr(9) & "Diam:" & Chr(9) & "Length:" & Chr(9) &
                                          > > >
                                          > > > For ToolNumber = 1 To 250
                                          > > >
                                          > > > ToolDiameter = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 1)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > ToolLength = GetToolParam(ToolNumber, 2)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > ToolDescription = GetToolDesc(ToolNumber)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Print #1, ToolNumber & Chr(9) & ToolDiameter & Chr(9) & ToolLength &
                                          > > > Chr(9) & ToolDescription
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Next
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Response = MsgBox("Your file is at the following location: " &
                                          > Path, 0)
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Close #1
                                          > > >
                                          > > > '****************************************
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Hope it does what you need.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > /Henrik.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > _____

                                        • morerust
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                            CB refers to Cypress Basic, the scripting language built
                                            into Mach 3. The reference manual is available here:

                                            http://www.machsupport.com/docs/VBScript_Commands.pdf

                                            Regards,
                                            Steve Stallings
                                            www.PMDX.com

                                            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Stan <StanMc@...> wrote:

                                            > ok, very cool
                                            > thanks for clearing that up
                                            >
                                            > so what does CB stand for? did not know Mach had something called CB.
                                            >

                                            > On 11/3/2012 9:26 PM, Richard wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Just add a button in Mach using Screen4 then copy the code Henrik
                                            > > provided in the code editor.
                                            > > When you click on the button it will work as desired. Nothing else has
                                            > > to be installed.
                                            > >
                                            > > Richard
                                            > >
                                            > > On 11/3/2012 11:09 PM, Stan wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Ok I have installed CB if CB is chipmunk basic
                                            > > > It looks like the code for opening a file is missing
                                            > > > I can write that code no problem but if that is missing it make me
                                            > > > wonder if other things are missing
                                            > > > it looks good except for the missing input file code, need to read from
                                            > > > a file and know what file to read from
                                            > > >
                                            > > > if you have the complete code that would be of great help
                                            > > >
                                            > > > thanks for what you did send me

                                            > > Path, 0)

                                          • Stan
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 3, 2012
                                              just noticed one small problem, the code is for mill, I need to print
                                              out the lathe tool table

                                              can anyone help with that, I can rewrite the code if I know what to look
                                              for in the file and what order things are stored in

                                              any help would be great

                                            • Henrik Olsson
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 4, 2012
                                                Hi Stan,

                                                All you need to do is take a look at the Macro Programmers reference manual
                                                available for download at the machsupport webiste. With that and the Cypress
                                                Basic command reference you have all the documentation needed. As you can
                                                see in the original code the function used to get the tool data is
                                                GetToolParam() - if you look that up in the Macro programmers reference
                                                manual it'll show you everything you need to know.

                                                /Henrik.

                                                _____

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 4, 2012
                                                  CB is the Cypress Basic that is included in Mach3.

                                                  Andy Wander

                                                  _____