Re:gcode help

  • Ron Ginger
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
      > Posted by: "kindwon1111"kindwon@... kindwon1111
      > Date: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > Really not what I am looking for. Thank you. If anyone else has a code I would appreciate it. Looking for something simple that uses I and J values.

      The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
      of job they are aimed at.

      ron ginger
    • kindwon1111
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
        Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Ron Ginger <ronginger@...> wrote:

        > > Posted by: "kindwon1111"kindwon@... kindwon1111
        > > Date: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm ((PDT))
        > >
        > > Really not what I am looking for. Thank you. If anyone else has a code I would appreciate it. Looking for something simple that uses I and J values.
        >
        > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
        > of job they are aimed at.
        >
        > ron ginger

      • jeremywillson
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
          Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.

          From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???

          Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@...> wrote:

          > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help
          > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Ron Ginger <ronginger@> wrote:
          > >

          > > > Posted by: "kindwon1111"kindwon@ kindwon1111
          > > > Date: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm ((PDT))
          > > >
          > > > Really not what I am looking for. Thank you. If anyone else has a code I would appreciate it. Looking for something simple that uses I and J values.
          > >
          > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
          > > of job they are aimed at.
          > >
          > > ron ginger

        • Tony Smith
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
            I think his point is the demo that comes with Mach3 doesn't generate g-code
            (if indeed he actually looked at them).

            Still, it would be nice if the OP could respond a bit better to the file you
            sent him... "yeah that's not it" isn't all that helpful. No good deed goes
            unpunished and all that.

            Tony

            > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
            >
            > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
            >
            > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
            >

            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

            > would appreciate it. Looking for something simple that uses I and J
            values.

            > > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the
            > > > kind of job they are aimed at.
            > > >
            > > > ron ginger

          • kindwon1111
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
              My attitude? You sent me a what, 400 line file for a g code that should be 20 lines. I replied thank you but I was looking for a different style code. That response is a problem for you? I do not have wizards to create codes. I write them myself when I can. I asked for that code for 1 size piece but will have to re write it to do 20 other size boards of the same style. Re writing your 400 line code every time is an issue for me. Again it can be do in less then 20 line using I and J values but I have a mistake in 1 line I can''t get rid of thus I asked for help. Not sure how you have a problem with that.
              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" <jeremywillson@...> wrote:

              > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
              >
              > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
              >
              > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
              >

              > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

              > > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
              > > > of job they are aimed at.
              > > >
              > > > ron ginger

            • kindwon1111
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                "If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section"

                If only you were intelligent enough to realize someone who a had a wizard to create a file would not ask for help creating a file.

                Try and keep up Jerry.

                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" <jeremywillson@...> wrote:

                > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
                >
                > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
                >
                > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
                >

                > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

                > > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
                > > > of job they are aimed at.
                > > >
                > > > ron ginger

              • Tony Smith
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                  > My attitude? You sent me a what, 400 line file for a g code that should be
                  20
                  > lines. I replied thank you but I was looking for a different style code.
                  That
                  > response is a problem for you? I do not have wizards to create codes. I
                  write
                  > them myself when I can. I asked for that code for 1 size piece but will
                  have to re
                  > write it to do 20 other size boards of the same style. Re writing your 400
                  line
                  > code every time is an issue for me. Again it can be do in less then 20
                  line using I
                  > and J values but I have a mistake in 1 line I can''t get rid of thus I
                  asked for help.
                  > Not sure how you have a problem with that.

                  See, now we're getting somewhere.

                  Instead of having a hissy fit like a little girl (apologies to any little
                  girls out there), why not say you have a code problem, post the code, and
                  ask for help with that?

                  You point people in the wrong direction, and then complain when they go
                  there.

                  Tony
                • Terry Parker
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                    Actually the DEMO NFW will create the gcode it just does not transfer it back to Mach3. YOU CAN LOOK AT THE compiled Gcode in the preveiw window AND it is only about 20 lines long SO What would the problem be if you just created it yourself (;-).

                    You could have started out a bit better in your request.

                    23.75 X 17.75 X.500 thick part using a .xxx" diam cutter and need it for a single pass. Do not need tool comp.

                    OR hey guys I am having trouble with my Gcode could you take a look and see where I went wrong.

                    Many will gladly help if you give them the chance.

                    Just a thought, (;-) TP

                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@...> wrote:

                    > "If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section"
                    >
                    > If only you were intelligent enough to realize someone who a had a wizard to create a file would not ask for help creating a file.
                    >
                    > Try and keep up Jerry.
                    >
                    > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" <jeremywillson@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
                    > >
                    > > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
                    > >
                    > > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
                    > >

                    > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

                  • Joe Macmurchie
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                      OK, that's it then, Pistols at high noon. Bring someone with a wagon. <Grin>

                      Regards,

                      -Joemac

                      Victoria, BC Canada

                      _,_._,___

                    • John Dammeyer
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                        Perhaps tomorrow at high noon would be better. It will take a while to
                        write a short 400 line G-Code program to make the coffin.

                        John

                        > OK, that's it then, Pistols at high noon. Bring someone with
                        > a wagon. <Grin>
                        >

                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > -Joemac
                        >
                        > Victoria, BC Canada
                        >
                        > _,_._,___

                      • Tony Smith
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                          The engraving on the tombstone will take quite a few too.

                          Tony

                          > Perhaps tomorrow at high noon would be better. It will take a while to
                          write a
                          > short 400 line G-Code program to make the coffin.
                          >
                          > John
                          > >

                          > > OK, that's it then, Pistols at high noon. Bring someone with a wagon.
                          > > <Grin>
                          > >

                          > > Regards,
                          > >
                          > > -Joemac
                          > >
                          > > Victoria, BC Canada
                        • Jeffrey Cole
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                            The file only needs 8 lines to actually cut out the part, plus a few others needed - about 24 total.

                            What I use is CAD software. Problem solved.The operation manual for Mach3 also tells you how to write the codes. That's what most of us have done. Another solution is to buy a book and learn.  peter smid's "cnc programming handbook" would be a good start.

                            The answer is that it begins where it last ended, and ends where you tell it. So, if you do the math and use the coordinates, it is simple.

                            If you use tool offset, you need two lead in and two lead out points, and add the offset on the second lead in which should be at least twice the diameter of the cutter, and cancel offset at the second from last lead out point that should be at least twice the diameter of the cutter. The offset is for the relationship of how you want it to offset in relationship to the direction of travel of cut.

                            I do not use a converter, I bought a CAD program and import dxf file into the CNC software. I need to tweak the Gcodes from about 200 lines, and it works great. Problem solved.

                            Jeff

                            "If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section"

                            If only you were intelligent enough to realize someone who a had a wizard to create a file would not ask for help creating a file.

                            Try and keep up Jerry.

                            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" <jeremywillson@...> wrote:

                            > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
                            >
                            > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
                            >
                            > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
                            >

                            > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

                            > > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind
                            > > > of job they are aimed at.
                            > > >
                            > > > ron ginger

                          • Andy Wander
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                              I think you mean "CAM" software, right? CAD software will not generate
                              G-code.

                              Andy Wander

                              _____

                              From: kindwon1111 <kindwon@... <mailto:kindwon%40comcast.net> >
                              To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                              Date: Monday, October 1, 2012, 7:46 AM

                              "If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section"

                              If only you were intelligent enough to realize someone who a had a wizard to
                              create a file would not ask for help creating a file.

                              Try and keep up Jerry.

                              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
                              <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , "jeremywillson"

                              <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Ron Ginger <ronginger@> wrote:

                              code I would appreciate it. Looking for something simple that uses I and J
                              values.

                              > > > The Newfangled wizards will generate that code, thats exactly the kind

                              > > > of job they are aimed at.
                              > > >
                              > > > ron ginger

                            • jeremywillson
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                                kindwon1111

                                Wizards are included in Mach3.

                                Brian Barker wrote an excellent wizard that is free and is also, as luck would have it, part of Mach3 wizards.

                                If you go to the wizards section and create your arcs there, they will then be kind enough to display all the information (using I and J codes) in the display window of Mach3. This is what you want.

                                PS It is Jeremy, not Jerry

                                --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@...> wrote:

                                > "If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section"
                                >
                                > If only you were intelligent enough to realize someone who a had a wizard to create a file would not ask for help creating a file.
                                >
                                > Try and keep up Jerry.
                                >
                                > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywillson" <jeremywillson@> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Gee, If only you were intelligent enough to look in the wizards section.
                                > >
                                > > From your attitude I would guess your age to be about 15???
                                > >
                                > > Nobody here gets paid for helping you with your problems.
                                > >

                                > > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "kindwon1111" <kindwon@> wrote:
                                > > >

                                > > > Gee if I only had the newfangled wizards. Thanks for the help

                              • Jeffrey Cole
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 1, 2012
                                  Andy,

                                  1. I make the print with CAD and save as a dxf file.
                                  2. I load the dxf file into the CAM software (mach3) and the CAM software generates the G-code.

                                  If I misspoke, I apologise.

                                  I need to see how the finished product looks before I load into Mach3. A few tens of thousandths can make the appearance look off. Working strictly G-codes can have a visual difference, though it not so much off.

                                  You are correct. CAD does not generate the G-codes. The dxf file loaded into CAM converts the file to G-code - though the code needs tweaked before I can use it. I am using parts of circles, and it sometimes doesnt quite line up at the end of a line, so I have to do some adjustments in Mach3 to edit the G-code.

                                  Does the latest version have the ability to import dxf files?? I am using an older version of Mach 3 that does.

                                  Jeff

                                  From: kindwon1111 <kindwon@... <mailto:kindwon%40comcast.net> >
                                  To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  Date: Monday, October 1, 2012, 7:46 AM